Top notch thread tape

This is the best thread tape I have ever used. Its PTFE impregnated with nanoparticles of nickle for extra density and durability which is further enhanced due to the tape being extra thick.

Ive been having problems getting my chinese fittings to seal together properly. I was trying to narrow down the problem to find the solution of the leak and came to the conclusion id try some tape and got some Blue monster from a plumber at work. That shit wasnt working either. So i bought this because it said “STAINLESS STEEL GRADE”. 3 wraps of this stuff worked so well for me that I figured id let u folks know about this stuff.

Edit: forgot to mention that rough threads dont seem to matter much at all. Shitty threads that the extra thick pink tape couldnt seal this stuff had no problem.

13 Likes

How many wraps was you doing with the yellow gas tape?

Just wondering what all has actually made it into the ingredients

3 but it was leaking. And it wasnt the yellow i was using the higher density pink because my yellow tape didnt work initially.

Im nit gonna buy my thread tape from ace hardwarw anymore lol

1 Like

What’s it look like I’m curious

1 Like

Is the tape grey? My homie told me about this

1 Like

Tape is so thick that u can put a light up to it and it wont penetrate. Still very workable but not flimsy.

4 Likes

That’s cool af

1 Like

I bought 5 rolls for like $15

2 Likes

Ya my friend says that tape is the shit. @Threedaughtersextrac is this what you use?

3 Likes

Ive has pretty good luck with venom ptfe tape and pipe dope. Only brand i have ever one shotted an entire system with no leaks

2 Likes

How high do you pressure test

But because its so thick you need to tske care to cut the piece with a razor blade and apply it very carefully.

Pre cut your lengths and apply it very tight. When you get the tape fully on, press the tape into your threads fairly hard, this prevents it from slipping when you try to thread the fitting to its new home. Never had thread tape so prone to slipping before but like i said this can be remedied by squishing it in place.

@Slabby 150 psi.

2 Likes

Where did you get it? Is nickel safe with hydrocarbons?

1 Like

Also is it safe in dry ice temps. Im assuming yes but only see a max temp

Found on amazon says -450 to 550

3 Likes

Got it from amazon after extensively researching food safe specialty thread sealants. It is rated for use with hydrocarbons, i believe its got the same safety and chemical compatibilites as normal PTFE because the nickel particles are encased in a globule of PTFE.

I didnt want to buy a pack of 20 and thags what the website sells, found a 5pack on amazon so i got that.

Theyve got this other kind of thread tape thats apperantly some next level shit. Impregnated with silicate-ceramic nanoparticles its durability to abrasion is supposed to be like 100 fold what normal PTFE is. It was like over $100 for a roll of the tape.

@Slabby in case u wanna read about it.

1 Like

Off topic but related,

I just did run this weekend, and I noticed one of my flared fittings was loose. No big deal, I just tightened it up, but it made me wonder if we should cool down the female npt fittings when we assemble these as much as possible? Maybe wrap the thread tape on em, stick em in a bag, drop it in dry ice slurry and once cold, then tighten? Or would that drive it in too deep and mess the male fitting up?

I heat my female fittings with a blow torch before i try to start goin with my threads so it shrink fits when it cools. Freezing the male fitting would do the same thing just in reverse so im sure it would be effective.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking of heat the male too. Doing both would be overkill right? And could it potentially cause either fitting to crack would you think? Just shooting out ideas for the next time I piece something together lol.

Btw, I ordered some of this tape as well for future use.

1 Like

What? I never do either. Why? I get the concept but its not needed. Just use a vice when building and really tighten everything

2 Likes