Top notch thread tape

Well you want one to stay small and one to get big, if you chilled the male fitting and heated the female fittinf that would be overkill lol. Might not even need thread tape at that point lol.

I know its not needed, i just figured id go the extra mile. I keep having leak problems so i was getting desperate to make my pieces work.

1 Like

Where are your fittings from? Just started a thread on this coincidentally. (Cheap parts and leaks)

ā€¦Although it sounds like the solution was this tape

HFS, usually couldnt be happier with what they got but theyre current npt fittinfs just are not as hard as they were a couple months ago.

Galling and thread dulling happens extremely easily now.

1 Like

Oh ya. Ive stopped going to hfs for fittings. Xtractor depots fittings are where my problems stopped. Ive had about 7 out of 8 fittings leak from my last hfs batch.

2 Likes

Fucking bullshit right? Im glad its not just meā€¦

2 Likes

Ya, itā€™s hit or miss with me when I piece something together. I have about a 75% success rate on sealing fittings the first time haha.

3 Likes

I literally started that thread as you did this one

1 Like

Thats pretty decent ime.
Had 100% 1 time.
Usually 50% here

2 Likes

Usually i dont have problems but this specific build i got right now has SO MANY fucking leak points. Shoulda went compression fittingsā€¦ by the way any old stripped HFS fittings can still be used for compression fittings!!!

3 Likes

Return them. Tell nina their site says no restock fee so dont let her tax you.
Go to xdā€¦ If its not too late

1 Like

Its too late for a lot of the fittings. Stripped them to hell trying to prove to myself that the problem wasnt myself.

2 Likes

I actually get my npt fittings from ebay, theyā€™re waaaay cheaper, and Iā€™ve been extremely happy with the seller so far.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113719225073

Thereā€™s a link to one of their part, but the seller is adapters21

4 Likes

Donā€™t know what the ones you are having problems with look like but Iā€™ve definitely gotten low quality Chinese import fittings off eBay/Amazon that are supposed to be tapered as per NPT standard, but they had cut straight threads with no taper whatsoever.

1 Like

Thats what hardware factory store is currently pushing out. Threads were cut all the way through to the bottom of my end caps so the threaded hole is the same diameter as the bigger end of a 1/4 NPT tap. As a result my fittings seem to fit perfectly but will never make a decent seal.

Luckily I havenā€™t had that problem with this particular seller so far.

I found them awhile ago, and now buy all my fittings from them.

I was looking for a npt to flared adapter when I was first setting things up, saw the green taxes at all these places and said screw that. Did some research on hydraulic fittings to get granger part #'s and found this seller on ebay from a part # search.

Iā€™ve posted their listings numerous times now lol, hopefully Iā€™ve drummed up some business for them.

2 Likes

![image|666x500](upload://hsrcyiEDznQovNEWcEwETBIW3hj.jpeg. Just saw your question sorry it took so long. I havenā€™t had one issue since using this tape. Extractor depot has just a little bit better fittings than hfs but in my opinion they are way over priced and still cheap Chinese shit. Iā€™m now buying all fittings at the local plumbing supply. They have or can get 316 or 316L fittings. They arenā€™t shiny and pretty but they are cheaper and seam to be way better quality. Stainless is a very course metal so what is happening is the threads are cold welding together when the threads tear the tape.

4 Likes

Just making a little contribution, i found this thread looking for answers and found it to be great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VY039C/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Iā€™ve used the yellow version of this brand of tape and it is very thick and strong, i canā€™t even imagine how this one will work. Amazing thread guys!

Thanks fam :relaxed::facepunch:
Just ordered 2 rolls myself

1 Like

does the nickel ever leech into extracts?