Too much lipid in my BHO?

I don’t make the BHO, my extractor says he filters lipids with an inline-dewaxing system. But different strains have different amounts. I’m really wondering if this is an amount of lipids I should be concerned about/return the oil or have it dewaxed. This is roughly .5g of the concentrate dissolved in about 25ml of isopropyl alcohol.

Sorry if I’m doing this wrong, I did use the search function but all I can find is information on how to dewax, or questions related to distillate.

Thanks for any answers, and I’m happy to give any more information as necessary.

2 Likes

I mean it’s definitely not the cleanest, but still less lipids than if you are smoking flower. looks pretty normal.
do you have a picture of the slab/undiluted concentrate?

4 Likes

Yessir, here’s the undiluted concentrate:

I’m not really one to care much myself about the lipids, but had somebody return some meds after doing that iso test and was I guess moreso wondering if he has good reason to not want it. Especially at as low of a rate that he was getting it.

Be careful about taking patients to heart.

Edit: I assumed you were in the medical market and all tested up, safe and sound. That’s where I’m at all day and forget. In the store, it’s like all stores in all businesses. Customers that aren’t happy get in your head. I’ve chased my tail over a single instance for days. That was my point. Looks like I missed yours completely. The stuff looks nice.

1 Like

This guy is obviously in this Industry for the right reasons.

Keep in mind He is a MEDICAL producer and retailer. This isn’t a rec state.

2 Likes

Stay off my post. You have nothing useful to say. Last time I’ll tell you.

1 Like

Nice response for not caring about patient health

What dispensary do you run for the folks out there that would like to avoid your flippant and glib stance on patient safety?

2 Likes

What temp is he running it at?

Can you show some pics of the system

1 Like

-40 to -80 for the inline winterization, and unfortunately no pics of the setup but I could probably get ya one if need be.

1 Like

Yeah usually that’s plenty cold so I’d love to see a picture of his filter plate set up And would like to know what micron filter she’s using and what type

1 Like

“we filter down 25 micron > 10 micron > 5 micron > 1 micron > .5 micron” from his message initially asking if it was just lipids or possibly filter media, I’ll try to get ya a pic of the filter set up ASAP but he’s his own entity I don’t work at his lab, he’s the extractor who processes the material I receive though

2 Likes

I’m assuming all your stuff has been tested, is safe etc. You mentioned meds. I assumed medical processor. I thought it was a given that the material was safe. Has been verified as fit for use in the medical market. So, its a preference issue, not a safety issue. Or did I read too much in and miss something?

@sidco

@anon16547145 keeps crashing shit and its getting annoying

I think he’s using term meds loosely

People ik locally use the term

3 Likes

It looks like some alright badder. Personally I stay away from badders unless its coming a really really good well known source and its live. I don’t like whipped shatter. Shatter on its own is already good enough when done right.

Same with batter but if I’m smoking a badder I’m making sure its whipped live resin. It might have lipids, if it does that can still be not the best thing to smoke but its not the worst. Still not the best however.

Starting material is solid for it yea?

I was afraid of that. That’s sort of why I asked. My plug never took returns :rofl: :rofl:

I’m used to dealing with legal processors and safe inputs from our garden.

1 Like

As far as contaminants other than the lipids I’m not concerned, I’ve been going through this processor for 5+ years and have had no reason to suspect my health is in jeapordy. This is really me asking if that amount of specifically the lipids in a sugary batter is anything to be concerned about for mine or my patients sake (which I doubt, since like I said, I’ve been smoking a shit load of his concentrates for years, but I can’t help but be curious and ask y’all).

2 Likes

Again that’s more than sufficient you seem to have a very good set up

1 Like

Shut up…

1 Like

@Pupparoo

4 Likes