Too much lecithin - trash?

Soo… I put way too much lecithin in this batch of hard candies. I’ve had this happen, but never to this degree.

Trying to come up with ideas for this stuff, have 3 trays. Can I salvage it by crafting it into something else? Or just trash it?

Was debating heating up another pot of hard candies, and just dumping these in. I give away my mistakes for free, just trying to come up with a viable consumption option

Do your formula. Dump it into the next large pot. Melt it down. Then double the recipe and add the amount of lecithin missing. Since you you put way to much here, instead of doing 100% of each ingredient to double the recipe, I’d probably do 30% of the lecithin tou used to make up the difference for this batch.

6 Likes

or send them this way, ill gladly dispose of them

sarcasm btw, dont send me anything illegal ever. I can break the law well enough without your help

3 Likes

Edited.

What recipe did you use that required soy lechcin?

I’d like to learn a new one. I got a good hard candy recipe too. I use those exact molds too

Here is that recipe that @Demontrich wanted too.

Enjoy!!

6 Likes

It’s just a recipe I’ve been using for years. It’s the basic lor Ann recipe

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup water to dissolve

For the oil I do
2 tablespoons coconut oil
8 grams bho
1000-1500mg lecithin

The lecithin helps emulsify so you get a daily consistent mix, helps disperse the oil. I’ve heard it also helps with bioavailability and absorption. You can only put so much coconut oil in hard candies before you fuck up the consistency. I though another concentrated fat would help with absorption

Lol no way, that’s the exact recipe my dude sent me years ago really just the lor Ann recipe cut in half

1 Like

Why are you using lecithin in you rock candy? There is no need for that imo.
The recipe Killer gave you, is almost the exact one we use. No other ingredients are needed.

2 Likes

Been doing it successfully for years, only gives me a problem if I use too much, then the sugar has a hard time crystallizing and stays kinda soft.

I read this a while ago, and I’ve read multiple sources touting its praise, here’s one for example

I thought it helps homogenize and promote uniformity in the batch, helps everything mix and stay together

I could be wrong, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m just regurgitating cannabroscience I’ve read elsewhere

1 Like

Here is a sure proof recipe everytime.

1-2 tablespoons of tch oil (i used coconut oil infused)
But i put in 4 tablespoons
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 box of jello

Mix surgar and corn syrup dissolve sugar
Bring to a boil
Heat to 300
Put jello and oil
Move fast it gets hard very fast