Tolling prices hemp

Hello there,
So the Quistion is what are reasonable prices. One pays to CO2 extract large hemp biomass quantities
I already signed but curious how Well i did
I pay 32$ per pound hemp and get winterized crude delivered
Total volume is 20000 pounds
Regardless of % in biomass

My lab does $30 a lbs to turn into Bubble Hash and then I believe from there is 1.25 a gram of isolate.

We process 2,000 lbs an hour

minimum is 100,000 lbs to toll.

6 Likes

@Roguelab, did you get a quote to turn the winterized crude into distillate, or into isolate?
Curious about the all in price-per-pound that would be reasonable.

Where are you located?

No quote on that for. I plan to transform the crude myself on location
Most equipment i had ordered Some time back already and Some still needs to be bought and the toller has Some equipment on Sight
So an adventure as i Said :grinning:
Keeping the end products simple to Distillate and isollate
And isollate for as much as time Will alow
Yust grabbel this chance because a breeder friend of mine got the biomass as pay for seeds delivered and iT s at 17% avarage of 15 samples taken from the biomass and 0.002% thc
And the thar yust got delivered and is running iT s maiden runs as we speak
And the owner of the thar offered me 6 weeks Tolling use

I am in the netherlands diffrent continent :grinning:

1 Like

That is crazy volume. Are you using co2 or cavitation

Can You eleborate on the cavitation process as much ass You know about iT
Is this cavitation and high ph water extraction You are refurring to ?

Using ethonal actually, we have a very unique patented system.

2 Likes

What’s your onsite method?

1 Like

Thar is the extraction 2000lbs a day co2

2 Likes

Sierra Gold Hemp tolls at around $25 per lb of biomass. We use ethanol and we do 20,000 lbs in about 13-14 days.

3 Likes

Where is this? Do you expect this to come down over time?

All industry prices and margins will decrease over time. That’s the nature of industry. However, cultivation is outpacing processing by a factor of 5x or more. I get to pick and choose who’s biomass I want to process. Harvest of 2019 might see in increase in tolling prices because many farmers don’t yet have a relationship with an extractor, hoping to figure it out after harvest, which will be too late for many farmers. there will be market fluctuations until the industry matures.

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if others are noticing a reduction this season in quoted tolling prices for hemp. I’m hearing more in the range of $18-$22 per lb, BYOH (Bring Your Own Hemp) to get decarbed, winterized crude around 65% CBD. This is usually ethanol extraction though, seems CO2 is still running a bit higher.

If anyone knows of anyone in OR or WA that is beating those rates on volume in the 10k-20k lbs dry weight, I’d love to hear about it.

3 Likes

Farmers don’t know shiiit lol

3 Likes

This does appear to be a sad reality for many farmers who converted fields without any experience or connections

It’s sad, saw so many lose money last year for so many reasons from pulling way too early, overmilling, and trusting extractors who had as much experience as them.

Modernized and/or Younger farmers seemed to do better overall.

5 Likes

Being a cannabis farmer and a farmer are two very different things. These farmers don’t even know how they’re going to dry it all or harvest they’re fucking retarded

6 Likes

While true, I feel like every crop could be improved if farmers operated like cannabis farmers. I feel the reason they have a hard time switching in the first place is the lack of care or understanding for what they are growing.

3 Likes

I toll crude to distillate for $400-$600 per kg of crude and for contracts of large volume price is negotiable.

1 Like