Tolling prices hemp

Don t call a farmer that has produced your food in the past a retard
:wink:

10 Likes

I stand corrected

2 Likes

We are charging $16 per pound, but prices may go up. There’s a lot still in the field here in Southern Oregon, which is hard to believe. The plants we are seeing are past the window for proper harvest. I see a lot of folks picking tops and hoping to sell “smokeable flower,” which many of them are not logistically prepared to properly trim and cure. It’s a clusterfuck in my opinion, but in a month or so there will be a nationwide reality check ad that’s when we think tolling prices will go up. There are still farmers talking about selling their whole crop for $650 a lb for smokeables which just isn’t going to happen. There’s going to be a LOT of biomass being improperly stored here very soon, just sitting, molding, with no one to buy it or process it.

5 Likes

I have been looking at numbers and doing math. Do farmers not understand simple supply and demand curves??? And I may be wrong here but it seems like there’s two types of customers we are marketing towards… “pot heads” who know what they’re looking for and then the uneducated consumer who will consume a product bc it has “CBD” oil in it. Quality products should fetch a premium price and hold its value. So why wouldnt a lab try to separate itself and produce a different product from distillate and isolate??? quality over quantity seems like a nice approach if you’re not trying to get in the same tax bracket as Jeff Bezos… I like the permaculture design approach that @Future is always talking about. Vertically integrated.

For me at least, I have like $8 in my bank account and if yall are already making the distillate/isolate, I doubt I’ll be able to catch up and by the time I do, it will be dirt cheap.

3 Likes

It’s going to take a while for “quality products” (more like novel niche products) to get a foothold in this market without having one hell of a marketing budget. Just because a product is innovative and new doesn’t mean it’s going to sell. Especially if it’s trying to solve a problem nobody asked to be solved.

The most promising “new” products are likely going to be novel cannabinoids. Which is why CBG seeds and scaleable CBN SOP’s are fetching such a high premium.

2 Likes

New here but really appreciate the information. Curious on pricing. looks like bio mass to Winterized Crude is $16-$28 per lb. as for Winterized crude to Distillate and Distillate to Isolate any suggestions?
I have price lists that show in addition to the cost to go to Winterised crude you then pay $1 per output gram to go to Distillate and $4 per output gram to go to isolate. Prices just don’t make sense to me. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

$10/$15/$20/$40 per lb in crude/winterized/distillate/isolate

2 Likes

A lab outside Berlin offered winterized crude CO2 for 40 Euros a kilo input regardless of output.

A lab in poland offered Tolling processing for distillate and isolate on output
99% CBD isolate €2500/kg
(efficiency 35-40% of 4+% CBD biomass)

68-75% CBD Distillate THC<0.2% €3500/kg
(efficiency 40-45% of 4+% CBD biomass)

Has anybody seen tolling prices for CBG?

@cannaholiker Maybe ask @Curly0351 for TFree

1 Like

@Cooker those prices seem pretty high, you don’t say where you’re hailing from, here in CO I have multiple connections who can toll to distillate at or under the $.75/output gram price point and I don’t know of anyone going to isolate for more than $1/finished gram. I know some of the eastern seaboard states prices are considerably higher because their labs are just getting started and a lot are overwhelmed by the amount of crop produced locally, CO/WA/OR all had pilot programs in place prior to the passage of the farm bill so more competition, more capacity and lower prices seem to be happening. Don’t know how anyone can make money paying $4/gram for isolate services, you’d have $4k into processing costs alone nevermind extraction and input material, isolate prices here in CO have dropped near $2k/kg as harvest approached.

As for extraction a few people I’ve talked to say average for ethanol extractors is hovering around $16.50/lb on the input side. Have had a broker approach me saying theres 50k lbs/mo+ for the person who can extract at $6/input pound, I told him for room temp extracted crap that isn’t winterized, filtered or decarbed you might find someone to do that, but I can’t do that price point and still produce a descent crude product.

3 Likes

Its about $10-15 per lb for compliant hemp at 10%-12% CBD in Oregon Colorado, Tennessee, and other states that are in their 2nd or 3rd year. There are some higher prices in the newer states, but maybe its because they don’t know better.

Its the same regardless which cannabinoid from us.

1 Like

It’s very expensive to properly harvest cannabis, and these guys have like 100k lbs. They just can’t treat it like they should if they want to call it smokable.

Bump on this… anyone in the southeast have a current price for hemp > disty tolling?

Are you looking for services? If so, send me a DM, we can help.

Thanks

1 Like

I own Voodoo Extractions in medford or and we charge 20.00 a pound . We process 2k a day

2 Likes

No, I was asking to know how much to charge… thanks…

16-22

2 Likes

That’s $40,000 a day not a bad for a days work.
How much does it cost to process 2k lbs (net)?
Like to see a photo of your setup! Liftdog,