TN HB 403 is coming for the retail stores

Sounds like a good day for hydroxy HHCs

What’s with the limit on THCV? it’s not even intoxicating

I’m confused by section 202 where it defines hemp derived cannabinoids.

The first list (B) says it includes d8, d10, hhc, THCO etc and the next list (C) says it does not include CBD, cbg, cbn etc

This is why I had a little panic thinking that we couldn’t have any carts over .3% d8

Am I just totally misreading this whole thing?

1 Like

it’s worded weird

2 Likes

Yes you’re misreading it completely lol

1 Like

The way I read it is the following compounds (D8, thcv etc) are included in the 0.3% limit… As in yes D8 needs to be under 0.3% for a product to be considered hemp. Then lower down, those compounds (CBD, CBG etc) can be over 0.3%.

I’d send an email to the head shmuck over in the TN ag department and ask directly for clarification, include screenshot and hilight the compounds. If your business model is hinging on this, I’d make it a point to get clarification…course probably don’t call em a schmuck… Honey and vinegar and all that

4 Likes

It’s regulating those listed cannabinoids other than d9 >.1%, containing d9 <.3%, I think the non-intoxicating ones are excepted

I get it, but I think that is missing the point entirely. I have something that is currently working. By my understanding, you have worked on this bill and this is what you came up with, and your solution to me is for me to buy THCP from you? Do you see how it looks through those optics??

4 Likes

Wait until you hear about curaleafs involvement

4 Likes

Does that mean I can sell CBD to people under 21? And don’t need testing on CBD stuff?

2 Likes

Testing on hemp is still required by the farm bill… so you still have to do the minimum requirements for the federal rules, even if you don’t have to do anything else.

Don’t we all love it when rules change. Its like the best and worst part of our industry.

Awesome because we can all see “progress” being made.

Terrible because half the time it seems like that progress was made by a blind dude in an alley who’s just gotten beaten up by some suits and is now trying really hard to remember what he was doing this morning… :smiley:

6 Likes

I guess my frustration is that if I test my inputs and then test my outputs for stuff produced in house, and they all come back clean, why in the hell do I need full panels on every single batch of gummies I make with the material that has already been full panel tested. This bill will completely eliminate small batch operations because if you have to foot the bill for a 600$ full panel, you’ve done swallowed up any profits you might’ve made. I think the lobbyists for this bill had their own interests in mind rather than the “consumer safety” they keep touting…

3 Likes

Ftfy lol

Yeah it’s a mess imo

3 Likes

You should 100% be asking about risk based testing - which would allow small batches made from the same testing materials.

You can ask for those kinds of changes. That’s what talking to your legislators is for. That’s what comment periods are for.

Ask them - explain - get your craft, small batch carve outs. <3 They love hearing from actual business people - I promise. <3

2 Likes

Sounds like @ky_cbd and I have some work to do. I appreciate your feedback!

3 Likes

You can buy from anyone.

essentially status quo, whatever your hemp program requires. This only regulate psychoactive cannabinodis.

Just to be clear last year the alternative was a complete ban, we stopped that turned it into a regulatory bill this took two years to negotiate with stake holders from the state of Tennnesse.

Be happy you still have a business in Tennessee.

2 Likes

Lolol thanks daddy. You have no idea what my business is here in TN but I guarantee you’re the last person who gets any thanks from us. I’ll thank the migrant from Mexico that started his family farm in 1991 and now has the largest hemp license in the state.

That “hemp coalition” is a joke and y’all are borderline thieves for taking people’s money. It would have been wise to consult the people here who this impacts. You should have put all those people’s money you scared into helping you into ego therapy for everyone who is stoked about being involved in this.

Also the main sponsor is apparently super racist and the whole hemp license requirement for retailers is just to squeeze out minority owned gas stations.

But yeah keep asking for praise

4 Likes

Really reads as “you’ll take OUR rules, and you’ll like it”… really wish I would have gotten involved sooner…

3 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t how politics works, would be nice though.

@MedicineManHempCo @ky_cbd