Tips on getting crystals out of the jar.

Anyone have any tips to get crystals out of the jar they crash in? We do fairly large runs so the crystal layer gets really thick and impossible to get out of the jar.

1 Like

Hey safety master what psi are those jars rated for?

15 Likes

Hahahaha.

4 Likes

looks like you need to level up past jar tech

5 Likes

It only took me one batch to realize small jars are better

5 Likes

@Badcookieextracts ouch I denounce my title.

3 Likes

Yeah we are working on that. Hard to find a better way to preserve terps, grow decent sized crystals, and run between 20-30 runs per week. You have a better alternative? I’d love some input.

2 or 3 inch stainless spools with a flat bottom and a triclamp top ferrule for a lid of your choice.
much more durable and way safer than glass.

7 Likes

@Killa12345 for miners

2 Likes

you can use a heat gun to get it just warm enough to make the crystals seperate from the jar.

6 Likes

So I would need one per run, at 30 runs a week and giving it a generous 4 weeks to finish crashing I would need 120 of those vessels to keep up with my current output for one month. Not to mention we are about to double our output with some much needed upgrades, so that would make 240 of those vessels. I’m gonna need a lot more c1d1 storage for all that.

We have two of the biggest ovens that cascade makes and each can hold about 100 jars. We let the majority of the solvent crash out before it goes into the oven after charging with a small amount of co2. We don’t even use enough pressure to dent the lid so I’m not too concerned about the jars holding up.

Weird??? I totally thought I titled this thread “tips on getting crystals out of the jar” and not “Hey look at my jars! Please, everyone come talk shit about them!” Maybe I need to check the prescription on my glasses or something :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Thanks for the input. You ever have any issue with melting the crystals this way. I’ve tried this before but it didn’t work and I was afraid to bring the heat up more and start melting the crystals. I’ll give it a try again tomorrow.

I take a long flat head screwdriver and push it down one side to the bottom and then can pretty much pop out most of it in big chunks. Guessing you’ve tried that but it works for me with the quart sized mason jars. Yours look a little taller.
Also why put all those jars in an oven? I’ve had the exact same results with a simple 85° water bath

2 Likes

how often do you run new flavors? I have a unique pressurized vac oven for sale that you could throw a couple ss pots in to do mega batches

3 Likes

@Apothecary36 Between 20 and 30 different strains/runs a week. That’s why the SS chambers just aren’t an option for me.

1 Like

Hmm a ptfe jar liner :thinking:
Would be a solution

5 Likes

Is there see through ptfe sheets for this job, I hav only found white 0.15 thick can sort of see through with a light behind it

Maybe a nylon filter sac where the diamonds grow on the glass and nylon mesh bag making it possible to pull them out :thinking:

2 Likes

You’re lucky that your local/state authority with jurisdiction allows glass jars. They are banned here in Michigan, everything has to be done in a pressure rated closed vessel.

2 Likes