Tips on getting crystals out of the jar.

youre a genius

2 Likes

Check out subzero scientific dimond miners, very cool for lots of output in a small foot print

1 Like

I just want a mine loooool

1 Like

Too bad Ball doesnā€™t make a glass spool with lid threads on both endsā€¦

10 Likes

Thatā€™d be epic
Maybe a glass blower can do it.
And maybe with boro jars

2 Likes

Ask them how they see the second row in their big miners without opening it. :joy::rofl::joy:

Or how the deal with the difference of certain jars crashing and certain one not. Not that Iā€™ve personally heard complaints about them :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m ordering some solid ptfe graduated cylinders to run some tests with. I also found some ptfe jars that Iā€™m thinking of testing out. If they end up working well for crashing (without pressure) then Iā€™ll reach out to a few manufacturers to try and get some that are rated to hold pressure.

Anyone have any experience with these?

1 Like

The small vessels still would take up too much footprint with how many I would need for a month of production.
The large vessels that you can fit multiple jars in make it pretty difficult to monitor the oil inside. Also it requires you to release the pressure to everything in the vessels when you open it. We have way to many runs for this to be practical. Even if we were to use this and stack jars inside I would be back at my original question of how to get the crystals out of the jar in one piece.

Iā€™ve lined a jar w PTFE successfully quiet few times actually.

I think Iā€™ve shown before. Makes a cup and yeah ur not getting no where near the amount you would w jar butā€¦

The crash happens way faster IMO bc it lets things slide more easilyā€¦also it never sticks this wayā€¦

Maybe line a Pyrex dish then seal over somehow

I also I think having tiny more solvent at seal point allows the Crystals to form slowly and not attached to the jar as badā€¦
all opinion though and we know all know about those!

2 Likes

Go online and buy a 20 dollar tattoi gun/machine

You can cut the needles off a standard needle shaft and use that to slowly tap the surface, itā€™s safe. You can also construct your own PTFE rod glued to the needle.

The up and down motion doesnā€™t need to be full power. Just enough to buzz the surface safely.

1 Like

@spdking thatā€™s a really interesting idea. Iā€™ll order one now and give it a try!

7inches long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deschem-2-Pcs-Horn-Spoon-Medicinal-ladle-with-Spatula-Length-200mm-/231114747129?nav=SEARCH

3 Likes

Just saw this, maybe something similar with ptfe for the miner guys?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQ0cYWHvyp/?igshid=dcy8d5ljs7ep

A hot water bath is usually enough to pop a puck out for me.

5 Likes

Just thought it was cool and could help store many jars in one small footprint