Thousands of CBD and Delta 8 products contaminated with bleach

All I know is I’ve created a steady revenue stream out of cleaning up sloppy reactions.

The jars on the lower layer are all converted by amateurs.

The jars on top are after I performed water washes, winterization, crc and another pass.

How they got every color in the rainbow is beyond me but it all cleans up nicely.

Note that my clients don’t want “water clear” so I do not utilize medias to that extent.

21 Likes

Should show that to yahoo news for good reference lol…

6 Likes

I’ve been meaning to do a lot of write ups but been a little busy cleaning up other peoples messes lol

5 Likes

XD sounds like you should approach the guys paying for articles to lie about their red products. Glad it’s good to you

1 Like

You could have told me those bottom jars were flavored lemonade and I would have believed you, lol.

6 Likes

Nah man, the money is in providing a proprieary ULTRA PURE DELTA-8 REDDENING PURFICATION™ process.

8 Likes

Someone with first hand experience

Try this and LMK how it goes with separating the emulsion you’ll create, you’ll end up having to evaporate which takes longer then just washing it out with water.

8 water washes is a small price to pay to avoid emulsions

If this is true why does it take 8 washes to get the PH of my alkaline water to come out above 7 after washing?

According to Google the solubility of PTSA in water is 67 grams to 100 ml which would be 670 grams in 1 liter

I’m doing 25 liter batches in 25 liters of heptane then washing with 50 liters of water

By this math I should be able to dissolve 16,750 grams of ptsa in 25 liters of water

So why doesn’t 1 water wash remove all the acid?

Because it’s almost as soluble in heptane as it is in water, if it wasn’t a couple water washes would remove it all but it doesn’t

1 Like

Lemme see if I can find them I think they had a moq of 10

Nothing like good ol ‘MURICA getting attacked & doing sciences

Might as well pop that center one open and start selling it as Country Time Lemonade

3 Likes

Lets unpack this here because it’s easy for useful info to get lost in internet slapfights.

Washing to remove a majority of acid before neutralization in order to avoid or reduce emulsions is a valid real-world reason to do it. Maybe not the most scientifically effective when it comes getting a neutral pH, but it makes the real-world experience of handling the reaction easier.

pH =/= amount of acid in your substance. PTSA is a very strong acid, so it only takes a small amount to influence your pH pretty significantly. Again, the main point is that removing your acid and achieving a neutral pH are two different things and it’s helpful to understand what influences both. Per wikipedia (very scientific, I know):

“The pH of a simple solution of an acid in water is determined by both K a and the acid concentration.”

I’m really stretching my O-Chem knowledge here but I believe the conjugate salts of acids and bases are significantly more soluble in water than their non-neutralized counterparts because, well, they’re a salt. I don’t think it’s fair to compare the effectiveness of water washing out conjugate salts compared to their corresponding acid.

5 Likes

Damn, & I thought I had to fix some fuckery.
Did you have to winterize that shit? Looks like lipid city.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of upgrading to ion exchange to remove acidity and balance PH

Itll be much quicker and so much easier

2 Likes

Isn’t that kinda the same as using the acid-activated media out there? Can’t someone come up with a base-activated filtering media to neutralize our shit? :joy:

Magsil

Has a ph of like 9? 9.5? I don’t remember exactly but it is alkaline

Shits expensive though

Ion exchange you charge the media and it can be reused 1000s of times

2 Likes

Lots of acid activated media out there.
Just be careful not to send in the wrong direction

2 Likes

For sure. I’m only talking about the general mechanism of an ion-exchange resin being similar to what’s already being done with acid-activated media.

1 Like

Did you mean expensive?

Just trying to understand

3 Likes

Yes my phone hates me lately when it comes to auto correct

3 Likes

@DocMolecule

:wink:

2 Likes