Thousands of CBD and Delta 8 products contaminated with bleach

What solvent are you using that requires 8 washes?

1 Like

It has nothing to do with solvent it has to do with math and the strength of your acid and PH of your water

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Roiplek and kotk

…there is likely some of the bleaching acid still present…

…Who wants to smoke bleach?

If they’re this worried about “bleach” in their Delta-8 vapes, wait til they hear about the 20% mystery isomer oil in their products.

I’m also especially fond of the advice they give consumers:

“reach out to those brands and ask them what color distillate they use in their product.”

Or, ya know, look at the goddamn CoA and ingredient list that have to be made available in most states.

The word you both are looking for in this intellectual slapfight is “equilibrium”.

Liquid-Liquid works because your compound reaches equilibrium with both liquid phases; HOWEVER, equilibrium doesn’t mean 50/50 in both phases. if one of your phases has a higher solubility than the other it will have more of your compound in it when the system reaches equilibrium.

Roiplek is correct in that all of those factors (water solubility, neutralisation capacity, miscibility) affect how effective washes are. If you’re performing 8 washes, maybe there is a better way to achieve your goals rather than brute forcing with water washes.

After you neutralize, you still have the conjugate base of the acid left in your product (in small amounts). It didn’t go anywhere, Achieving a neutral pH and completely removing the acid from your material are two different goals that are not necessarily exclusive of each other.

8 Likes

I’m not neutralizing I’m washing the acid out which is why what I’m talking about applies

Diction is everything

It’s very easy to create an emulsion by neutralization so I water wash the majority of the acid out then hit it with a strong base as the final wash before returning to a PH of 7

Could one argue that d8 is not natrually any color because it has to be converted and therefore the color is determined by the method of conversion? From what i have been reseraching the color is dependent on the pH of the solution and how long it is distilled for?

No where did I ever say neutralize

What’s this about not neutralizing?

I’m not neutralizing the whole solution, 99% of the acid has been removed by water washing

So is it really “neutralizing”?

Also, RO water has a high PH to begin with so technically I’m Neutralizing with water

That depends on the filters/ membranes inline on the RO

2 Likes

went to freshbros website, they’re trying to sell keys of CBD for 1.5k
keys of CBN for 20k
keys of CBG for 7.5k

fucking chads.

4 Likes

except it does not. its pH is around 6.5.

Isn’t cbd isolate 450-5?
Cbn 6-7racks?
Cbg distillate 600-1000 iso?

3 Likes

Wrong buddy

Only if you have a deionizer after

Itll come out of the membrane at around 8.5-9

It also depends on your input source but I’ve always gotten alkaline water from my RO

I’ve seen isolate at 99% cbd as low as 325

3 Likes

yeah OK so the entire Internet is wrong… i admit defeat!

You’d be surprised to see what folks are willing to pay when they don’t know any better lol.

That’s why these scummy companies are all about “consumer education” but then go spout misinformation. “Consumer education” in this context means that they’re “educated” on how and where to come buy their product.

3 Likes

What’s that moq shiiii

1 Like

All the posts I flagged had valuable information clouded by personal attacks and name calling.

Both @roiplek and @Kingofthekush420, kindly check your fallacies at the door and carry on like adult men of science

15 Likes