Thoughts on selling CBD distillate by gram not in carts

Carts are convenient, but why would anyone dab cbd distillate? It has very very very little medicinal value when smoked compared to THC which also isn’t super medically effective smoked, and it has no psychoactive effects

1 Like

Without carts with flavor, it’s a blob in a jar that takes extra gear to smoke that one wouldn’t have of they dabbed and…
Nevermind

Not true dab some it will expand your lungs. I’m speaking from first hand experience. I believe cbd to be an expectorant

2 Likes

True, ice had that happen
But it was such an expectorant, that my back hurt more from the coughing fit
FYI we said that shit about bho before we purged it(9 years ago)

3 Likes

Thanks guys!
What steps are necessary to get cbd distillate more dab friendly?

don’t distill it in the first place?

an EHO at 75% CBD can be a great dab.

edit: are you buying distillate?

3 Likes

Start with isolate or distillate and mix with 3% terpenes and allow to cool. Makes what people are calling terpsolate if using isolate or some very tasty distillate. Insane flavor but the terpenes oxidize and turn yellow after a few weeks in the isolate if it isn’t stored properly.

4 Likes

Im making my own distillate. We’re gonna put it out there and see what happens. Even if it’s to refill carts. I guess my next question would be the packaging. As for dabs, i suppose I’ll have to start at square one. I thought distillate would be half way there, but what do i know.

Are you making your own crude? How? I would be willing to bet you make more selling good looking full-spectrum “crude” by the gram than distillate in jars or syringes.

4 Likes

Opposite for me. My grandpa died of lung cancer and my dad has COPD, having never been a smoker himself. For me, anything crystalline is kind of a pain to dab. Fats are the absolute worst. And terpenes are irritating but don’t make wheeze. I’ve yet to find a smoother dab than pure ∆9-THC.

3 Likes

@cyclopath you’re prob correct. My crude isn’t as pretty as what i see out there. I wash in ethanol, freeze the solution to -50c, filter in buchner on DE and Act charcoal bed, rotovap.

freeze to -50 first. then wash. might not even need the magic dirt at that point.

3 Likes

Can I trademark and copywriter “magic dirt” for a label to sell magic dirt?

2 Likes

only if I can infringe :wink:

4 Likes

@cyclopath so you’re saying freeze the ethanol to -50 BEFORE introducing the hemp? By time i strain and get to the buchner, wont the temp rise permitting fats to get thru?

2 Likes

yes. if that is a new concept, then you’ve got a lot of reading to do.

maybe start with:

the object of the game is not to do it that way…

4 Likes

Just an idea: let it crystalize in a patty on parchment paper, then sell it by the gram in chunks

3 Likes

@cyclopath u are a wonderful human. Thank u, im humbled. Ive read the dry ice in the bucket thread before and totally tossed the SOP after a reliable source said to never add dry ice directly to the ethanol. I get some contradicting information dealing with so many different personalities here. I will continue reading

I tend to agree with your reliable source, I don’t like dry ice in my ethanol.

My preference is a cryobath (dry ice slurry) with a keg in it, or a chiller up for the task.

My issues with it so far have all been with the effervescence it causes. which makes moving it with vacuum or a gear pump difficult.

I have not seen issues with isomerization upon distillation, some do, others seem to get away with it. @Roguelab has way more distillation under his belt than I, and recommends avoiding it. Charcoal filtering - #18 by Roguelab

1 Like

+1

Package some up and see how it goes.