Thoughts on selling CBD distillate by gram not in carts

only if I can infringe :wink:

4 Likes

@cyclopath so you’re saying freeze the ethanol to -50 BEFORE introducing the hemp? By time i strain and get to the buchner, wont the temp rise permitting fats to get thru?

2 Likes

yes. if that is a new concept, then you’ve got a lot of reading to do.

maybe start with:

the object of the game is not to do it that way…

4 Likes

Just an idea: let it crystalize in a patty on parchment paper, then sell it by the gram in chunks

3 Likes

@cyclopath u are a wonderful human. Thank u, im humbled. Ive read the dry ice in the bucket thread before and totally tossed the SOP after a reliable source said to never add dry ice directly to the ethanol. I get some contradicting information dealing with so many different personalities here. I will continue reading

I tend to agree with your reliable source, I don’t like dry ice in my ethanol.

My preference is a cryobath (dry ice slurry) with a keg in it, or a chiller up for the task.

My issues with it so far have all been with the effervescence it causes. which makes moving it with vacuum or a gear pump difficult.

I have not seen issues with isomerization upon distillation, some do, others seem to get away with it. @Roguelab has way more distillation under his belt than I, and recommends avoiding it. Charcoal filtering - #18 by Roguelab

1 Like

+1

Package some up and see how it goes.