Thoughts on CBD enema to treat chronic crohns inflammation.

Hey everyone, I have a good friend who has been struggling with crohns for many years. I got him taking cbd tinctures and capsules. He has seen an improvement in his symptoms, which is great, but they are still there, just the intensity has been dialed back a bit.

What do you guys think about CBD enemas to treat crohns?? Without a time release mechanism on my capsules I dont think any of the cbd he is taking is actually reaching the areas of inflammation. We got to talking about the ways he treats himself , and the topic of enemas came up, so of course i was like ā€œlets throw some CBD in thereā€ lol

Would this work???
Has anyone ever heard of this before??

What would be the best carrier for such an application???

I was thinking a larger dose aswell, ie 100mg a ā€œbagā€

Let me know what you guys think, thanks

Edit: I have no intentions of monetizing this, I just wana help out a friend and perhaps give people another use for isolate.

4 Likes

try and get ahold of a strain high in THCV.

Iā€™ve seen a couple of cases where it worked really well for crohns/ulcerative colitis

4 Likes

cool thanks for the tip!!

this is really a very sad disease. i watched an old Ex wither away and die from chrons she was only 28 years old when she passed.

3 Likes

Here is a company I know of that makes a full spectrum suppository (Link). Might be worth giving them a phone call. No idea if their product is effective or not. Also interested in this as I have a good friend with Chrons.

2 Likes

yeah its nothing to mess around with, it can really be a debilitating disease, and the worst part about it is that you are literally watching yourself wither away and there is very little you can do about it!

my condolences for your loss.

ill check them out, thanks!!

Try to get your hands on some CBG. It seems to be good medicine for many GI problems. I personally believe that many people will start demanding CBG in their CBD products once they get a taste. might be difficult or expensive at the moment, but after this years harvest you should start seeing a lot more of the isolate on the market and in end products.

2 Likes

i have UC, i have had many surgeries and now live with no colon or large intestine. I do use cannabinoids in the treatment of flare ups on the rectum side. I do use suppositories (home made currently - make a coconut infused mix - trim from home grow) to reduce inflammation, and reduce pain for episodes of cramping. i dont have access to pure CBD isolate to self test, but i am sure it has to help.

CBG is the cannabiniod i think will help the most as well. Same with CBN, helps u pass right out.
THCV will be another premo cannabiniod, - plus i bet many many more over the next years of this amazing industry.

i also take vitamins to deal with the ā€˜witheringā€™ away aspect of it. i have found a ā€˜mulit vitaminā€™ i use to help, its full of many B vitamins - its called ā€˜Stress Easeā€™ , by Jamieson. Stress Ease

and there are food items people with UC/Cronhs should NEVER eatā€¦ nuts, leafy veggies, veggies with hard exteriors (peppers, tomatos), corn, ALCOHOL, TOO much red meat, popcornā€¦ the list is longā€¦ i do drink ALOT of smoothiesā€¦

its a reeeeal shitty diseaseā€¦

my condolences to anyone living or living with someone with this disease. i am always willing to talk/chat with anyone that is new crohns/colitis, i have been through it all.

8 Likes

DM me an address to ship too and ill hook you up with some isolate to test with, free of charge!!

10 Likes

One dude came out fr lurking to tell us he had great results with suppositories

3 Likes

yeah!! I ordered some mango and cocoa butter, im going to make a batch of them and see if they help my buddy. Im making some of them full spectrum and some isolate, i also ordered some CBG to experiment with aswell!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome you can do that for you buddy :fist:t3:

1 Like

I try to help as many people as i can. For me making isolate isnt about the money, i regularly give donations to those in need, its about creating positive change and getting a highly beneficial medicine to the people!!! As an extractor i feel we have an unsung duty to help heal with the tools nature can provide us.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome bro. Iā€™m hoping to reach that level as well. Youā€™re a good man

1 Like

I can imagine itā€™s extremely rewarding. Doctors think my god daughter might have autism. I found someone who can remove thc locally so once I have my own oil Iā€™m going to test if it pulls everything out.

I can hook you up with some CBD tinctures and isolate if you feel its appropriate. DM me an address to ship too.

2 Likes

Thanks. You ainā€™t gotta do that. Iā€™m excited to be able to provide for them if the time comes. Theyā€™ll know in September hopefully Iā€™ll be good to go by then. May need some pointers if cool

1 Like

yeah man no problem, just let me know what pointers you need, if i cant provide the info for you someone else in this community can!

2 Likes

Thanks bud it never hurts to know a wizard

1 Like