This Sucks! Edwards vac pump. Gone!

We lost @Beaker about a month ago now, and I’m working with his brother to sift through his lab equipment and get it back to work.

I’m in Eugene, and @Beakers brother is in Bend, so it’s a non-trivial task.

I’m heading up to Bend this weekend, to really take stock, and would love to hand Cary payment on this first lot. I’ll then pick it up, and ship it to the winning bidder.

here are some comparable items from Ebay

I can’t find a price on the solenoid probably >$500

NEW price on controller + solenoid is $4k
https://www.supplymylab.com/Equipment/Pumps/Vacuum/_/CVC3000-Absolute-Pressure-Vacuum-Controllers

these are the items currently up.
Hoping to sell as a “lot”.

The pump has sold. the controller has not. I’ll put that back up next week once I’ve taken stock of what made it from Eugene to Bend.

5 Likes

ive got $1500 for the pump
Down to let anyone have the whole package if they want it.

6 Likes

@Thetetraguy?

I dont need the sensor. But I’ll put 1,600 down
I think this should run for atleast 24 hours. I just got off from my last shift and just happened to stop by (my addiction kicked in lol) and see this. I think others should get some time too.

4 Likes

Agreed. And I’m gonna make that 24hrs after pinning.

3 Likes

My condolences to his family. @Beaker is the whole reason I’m here. I’m just at a loss for words. I’ll be watching the post for equipment suited to someone at my small scale and saving money up.

4 Likes

I have, and will continue to express the loss felt and the outpouring of respect and admiration from this community to @Beaker’s family. I’ll also make sure that Houdini is in the right place.

9 Likes

I’m in need of SPD stuff for my new lab. DM me

Make a bid

3 Likes

Got it

2 Likes

So…? Where do I send the money?

1 Like

@cyclopath so the journey begins
Hope you have achieved most of how you intended for this trip
Any thing we can do ?
You Guy s be safe and know that no matter the outcome you have done your best
And way more than the avarage
Thank you and godspeed

2 Likes

got most of it. left a couple of bigger pieces. solvents are going to someone in Eugene. everything else will go up here either for bid or gift by community nomination. I gave Cary $1600 for the pump, and $300 for @beakers 2012 macbook. @Eastcoaststrange grabbed his essentially unused surface for $250 I believe. Everything else we just walked out with, on the promise that we’d aim for fair market value, and all proceeds were going to Cary.

I’ve only found about 30gig of video on the macbook. haven’t looked at anything else.
leaving that for @sicdo when I can get this stuff to him.

@CuriousChemist22 has offered to help establish fair market value, aka reserve value on everything we have (and don’t have yet). I’m not sure when I’m going to find time to photograph it all.

if there is anyone in Eugene or vicinity that wants to fondle glassware and take dirty pictures (yeah it’s all filthy). hit me up via DM.

Closing thread.

6 Likes