This style of Chinese reactor which seems to be a standard design is completely worthless

I want to know what genius came up with this design but because it narrows so much at the collection ball it makes the entire thing incapable of draining ethanol. We have to get the elbow entirely reblown so it will work.

For the love if god China read this and stop selling this flaming pile of garbage of a design.

It’s utterly worthless, doesn’t work, and your all copying each other and re selling a reactor that can’t drain ethanol… WHAT IS THE POINT?!

Okay end of rant.

7 Likes

Steel reactors with tri-clamp ftw then. You can change them however you want without effort.

1 Like

We are the first company to design a cannabis specific reaction vessel from 316 stainless for the purpose of conversion chemistry. Can be custom sized to your application. Our flagship models are 60l and 120l. Built in pneumatic-driven agitators, sight glasses all the way up for seperatory purposes, and a jacketed reflux column. The vessel itself is dual jacketed, top half and bottom half each have their own jacket for different heating/cooling zones depending on your reaction goals.

3 Likes

Is that the same reactor that would not spin?
What was the problem?

Buy a jacketed wax melter from waxmelters.com and have someone rig weld a steel and plate outfitted with triclamp ferrules on top, buy a ferrofluid seal on eBay for a few hundred, and some immersion heaters for the jacket.

Pretty decent price for a 20gal reactor.

Otherwise not trying to sound like a broken record but if you need something smaller I can build a pretty dope unit from triclamp fittings at a good price.

3 Likes

Oh it can all be retrofitted at will. Just blows my mind that the standard Chinese design literally is a worthless paper weight

2 Likes

Is that a rotaviss attachment for some reason?

Rotaviss?

EDIT: never mind I see the problem that is as dumb as it gets wtf who puts a valve there

The joint where the distillation arm is attatched- maybe just wrap some heat tape around the arm and keep it on low wattage? Is it condensing and falling back down into the reactor cause of the angle and shape of the arm?

Isn’t that a ball and socket joint? Can’t you just like rotate the assembly 10 degrees clockwise and prevent backflow?

1 Like

It’s the valves diameter that is the problem. The dumbass Chinese designers wanted their clients to be able to close off vac there so they could dump the collection ball while continuing to run… but where the Fck is the ethanol gonna go while they’re emptying the collection ball?!

It’s the dumbest reasoning I’ve ever heard from touch science

1 Like

Have you gotten any good things from China?

2 Likes

Fried rice?

11 Likes

The roto vapes work fine. I got dual condenser ones though and the recieving balls were so low to the floor we couldn’t use buckets to had to totally reconfigure that but If your getting a single condenser model they work just fine. Just the majority of the stuff is a piece of shit and requires it all to be reconfigured

1 Like

Dude those collection balls are consumables… you’re supposed to just smash them as you hold a bucket underneath and strain the glass out. Haven’t you ever been to China?!

They forgot to include the little slugger T ball bat huh. Gotta get on that.

6 Likes

Lmao oh right duh how could I forget

Yes, all the time.

The reactor is designed primarily for chemical reactions and so most of the time you’d want that valve closed and to be refluxing your solvent. Obviously this industry has little use for refluxing so they could have easily just put on a large ptfe valve instead of a stopcock.

1 Like

lol stopcock.

but ya its a miserable design. yet every single chinese company is copying each other and mass producing a reactor that doesnt work for our purposes

nice thing about the Chinese is you can have them adjust manufacturing for just about any part to your specifications. At least you know on the next one you order…just ask for a larger valve. that shouldnt have been hard in the first place. Im sure you can even get them to sell you the parts needed to retrofit what you have now if you order a 2nd one to your specifications.

Seems like a niche that can be filled.

1 Like