This is the testing bullshit I’m talking about!

So to preface this, I totally agree with anyone saying pharm labs in San Diego is bullshit. If your getting ANY D8 and it’s coming with a pharm labs COA RUN THE OTHER WAY. I’m also losing faith in botanicor with all the amazing d8 COAs I’m seeing coming from them. Basically when I start seeing 1 labS COAs predominantly For D8 there’s a reason… and that reason is that they’re giving people awesome COAs for not awesome products.

So here’s 3 COAs from 3 labs for the same material.

Look at this insanity.

Just annoying, I’ve finally found a lab that has given us consistent results that sent necessarily what we want but seem to be accurate. Be careful out there y’all. With all the hype and money in D8 there’s always going to be massive scams. Especially in an industry as blatantly crappy and sketchy as ours.

1 Like

One lab told us we had made CBDa and thca and CBG… lmao from Isolate starting material.

1 Like

49k9zb

10 Likes

Man it’s nuts I swear! I sent out samples to Marin and Gobi. Gobi no mater what I change or do always says I’m at 10% delta 9 so a buddy of mine that buys delta 8 for his retail line told me to try Marin because they seem to be able to test it correctly so I sent a sample from two different batches to Marin and to Gobi.
Marin showed 86% D8 with no D9 on one batch and 85% D8 with 6% D9 on the other batch. ( huge changes to the sop so a difference was expected)
Gobi showed 77% D8 and 11% delta 9 on both batches.
WTF do I do with that info lol?

3 Likes

Explain to Gobi why they should have a much higher variance. The Lab Manager there is a good dude (or was anyhow) if you can get him on the phone. They’ll retest them.

I’ve had a run come back with Butane from Gobi when we were only a CO2 lab. Explained the issue, they retested the sample, viola, an accurate test appears.

A lot of labs are pay to play. There’s a bad apple in the bunch in every state and it’s never really been a secret. You’ll know who is bending the rules with their methods when you see a bunch of flower randomly testing at like 33% total cannabinoids when that cultivator usually is low-mid 20’s at any other lab. I know of one lab that definitely just beefs up the CBGa content to boost the total cannabinoid % but when you look at any other lab everyone else shows trace amounts of CBGa from the same cultivator.

With delta 8/minors I don’t know if it’s intentional like they do with flower or if the labs are just incapable of testing for minors. Or somewhere in between

2 Likes

I’ve talked to John pretty heavily about it. John seems to think Marin doesn’t have sufficient resolution to identify the D9 peak but they were able to identify it on the other batch. That’s what has me baffled. I like Crew over at Gobi a lot I just don’t know who to believe.

2 Likes

I’m not one to comment on anyone’s resolution capabilities, I know John knows his stuff pretty well. I deemed him trustworthy in my eyes, but, as you said, who knows?

We were testing labs all over, but in the end settled for @kcalabs as they seem to give the most reputable and precise (sometimes too much so) results with great turnaround time and customer service.

3 Likes

I’ve got a sample set aside for Them just haven’t had the time to send it out.

Ask both of them to show the chromatograms. We’ll see who has good resolution. There is an actual mathematical rule for what’s considered adequate resolution.

6 Likes

I’ll see if They will both send them to me.

1 Like

Anybody have experience with ProVerde out of ME?

Been great to us so far minus turn around, but will be sending more minor tests that way in the future and want non bias feedback.

1 Like

@Shynelabs thanks for the compliments

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about proverde

1 Like

ProVerde’s been a great option for years - Chris is always punctual and willing to answer questions. Them and @kcalabs are who I recommend.

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a single commercial D8 COA from ProVerde. Perhaps that’s a way to see which labs are legit - make a list of labs, go down to the local CBD shop, scan every QR code, cross those labs off!

9 Likes

If only the average consumer cared enough to even scan a code in a CBD store… Most just “Wanna get high”.

Some of the D8 products I see up here in WI make me question how no one has been hurt. Numbers like 50-60% D8, ND everything else…

Like I said, ProVerde has been great to us and even consistent when we threw identical samples with different lot# as a litmus. I may be sending some D8 their way soon so will be sure to post the COA.

5 Likes

I just got back results from Botanicor which say >10% D9 THC on a sample that’s supposed to be 99% from another lab so perhaps they are leaning conservative now.

1 Like

@elchemy, I think some labs are figuring out that the high d8 concentration makes the peak overlap the d9 peak. They coelute in most labs’ methods.

3 Likes

Botanacor sucks balls. I am switching as we speak.

2 Likes