This elusive pathogen is damaging cannabis nationwide. Here’s how to fight it

10 Likes

I think u underestimate the opposition.

5 Likes

Until the Hop Latent Viroid fulfills River’s postulates it is not a conclusive cause of the disease. (don’t use google there are better alternatives) and speaking of disease and germ theory, basic history on the subject is helpful, look up “Pasteur vs Béchamp” it is an ongoing debate

Yes to both questions, although the literature indicates a low transmission efficiency by seed or pollen.

2 Likes

20211151613650image

3 Likes

Ummmmm no.

3 Likes

some still argue the earth is flat too…doesn’t make it true.

4 Likes

HLVd is well-documented within the peer-reviewed literature and has been identified through expression analysis of host genes and pathogenesis-related proteins via RT-qPCR.

6 Likes

I have had a fem seed run get infected so I feed them with 200ppms of colloidal silver and none of the plants from the seeds showed any symptoms.

The original virus came from feminized seeds which were directly planted under plastic culture. This leads me to believe that the virus has a limited ability to spread to seed because we only saw symptoms in less than 5% of the plants before vectors spread it around to other plants later in the season.

TMV test from last night.

30 minute test came back negative.

1 Like

Where do you get these tests

“Agdia. Their customer service was amazing. They contacted me to save me $10 on shipping and it came a day earlier than expected” - that’s what she said.

4 Likes

Horticultural defoliation is a thing, as is plant architecture manipulation before clarke, small and others tended to this subject.

Viticulture comes to mind :slight_smile:

Chemichal, mechanical… Hoping someone chips in cause this subject of plant architecture is a decent topic to open on its own :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got a legit guy that does $35 viroid tests

Dm for info

Thank you for sharing this counter measures

Page not found