Thinking about switching to Turpur

That’s the Cap’n we love.

2 Likes

There steady pumping it, i see multiple dozen semi’s loaded when i stay around there a lil while. I know another big company that is also semi having supply chain issues but they have hubs on both coasts so might not be as apparent. I grabbed a few bags just to transplant from the grocery store and figured they had up charged until i went and got a load for a room.

3 Likes

Talked to the Royal Gold rep quite a bit today. They are running 24/7 and can’t keep up. Keep in touch with your regional sales rep. (@CookieT it’s Eric Maxwell). Also check with the stores with big inventory in your area for drops.

2 Likes

They are pumping thats for sure, glad to him doing good with that company.

2 Likes

When the armos go legal and need more tupur :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

DM me up if you need Tupur I have like 8 trucks of it in my soil yard. I run a hydro shop in Southern CO. 11.99 all day long, 3.9% sales tax. And any of you Michigan peeps hit up Battle Creek, Livonia, or Grand Rapids they are loaded on inventory as well.

1 Like

Grow Green in Whitmore Lake.

1 Like

I’ll never understand why people chase brand name growing mediums… Just build your own. Save an insane amount of money. Same mediums, same nutrients, same flavor. Same same. Boo

5 Likes

Once you get to a certain point or scale in your life, it’s much easier to pay for convenience.

10 Likes

They pull this off a coconut. Wash it in salt water. Wash it in fresh water ship it across the world then process it and bag it then ship it to grow shops. Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

How far south? I’m up north in the city but am a part of a few farms further south

1 store in Trinidad, 2 in Pueblo West, 2 in South Denver and 2 in Springs

Exactly. 95% of the coco that comes bagged at a grow shop comes straight across the ocean from suppliers in India. Very hard to get that supply right now though. Some companies are finally ramping back up and getting product out but its speratic as fuck.

1 Like

Rdwc. My media comes from a spigot. And a few clay pebbles. Who cares if you say it’s organic after having a freight ship cruise the ocean? Coco coir is a by product and I’m glad to see it being used but this seems so inefficient.

2 Likes

I figured at scale a tractor or trommel would be the most efficient and affordable. I’m a cheap ass mother fucker, and I hate “supply chain” interruption. Especially if it was my garden.

4 Likes

All I know is that @BG305 uses turpur and his grow is goals for a lot of us. Atleast he did use turpur when he made that awesome thread

2 Likes

It comes from Sri Lanka too. Some wash and age it with rain water, some buffer it with Cal Nit. The quality is all over the place, so it pays to know your supplier.

2 Likes

@AgTonik 100% and some are way worse than others. Salt content seems to be the biggest issue IMO. Some suppliers cut corners and don’t wash it as well. I’ve done runoff tests and there are brands that the runoff will test over 0.8+ EC right out of the bag. I always recommend that anyone using coco wash it very well before planting into it to avoid salt buildup which will lead to lockouts/deficiencies if not diagnosed and corrected properly.

1 Like

Ive tried several times in so cal, unless i truck my ass 5-7 hours north, there really arent many good sources to find from. With travel costs id spend more and id have to test the waters with several sources that could give me a certain pest or something in the mix that may influence the future negatively. Tupur is cheaper but i usually get rockwool cause theres almost no risk of pests in it

Funny, @bg305 was moving to rdwc as well for his monster greenhouses

2 Likes