There’s so many nutrient brands out there, what’s the best bang for my buck?

Amended soil (V3 blend), organics alive solubles, build a soils “build-a-bloom” micronized, agsil16(soluble silica), ferti fulvic plus (will be switching to agtonik next season)

I try to stay away from anything bottled. Agtonic is the only thing in my line up that will be bottled (due to it being more concentrated than the soluble alternative that I’m currently using)

5 Likes

There were 3 co-founders of Advanced Nutrients. Big Mike was fat and bald. The second was convicted of being a pedophile. Big Mike got the Advanced company, got hair plugs and started doing steroids.

The third partner went off and started Emerald Harvest after all that happened. Their sales person is under a non-compete from Advanced, so they hired his wife and they just ride around together on sales calls.

@Hansel You guys are too kind concerning AGT-50. It is a liquid to preserve the amino chelates and organic acids that no other products have on the market.

14 Likes

They are strong words to say the least …
Do you have a link to this ?
I have sat with this man more than twice and walked around with his shirt on, selling his nutes.
I never knew this.

2 Likes

Whats agt-50, and what does it do?

1 Like

Its public record.

2 Likes

Magic juice thread AGT-50

2 Likes

If AGT 50 wasn’t the shit, I’m sure that 99% of the people active on the forums wouldn’t use it in their gardens (Whether commercial, or home.)

6 Likes

Surprised no one has mentioned Nectar of the Gods. Our head of cultivation swore by their product line

6 Likes

Nectar is a good line and their founder is extremely knowledeable. Their liquid calcium is the only one like it.

7 Likes

I prefer dry amendments only. Light mix and top dresses.

13 Likes

Hemp starts do just fine with calcium nitrate injected into the irrigation water. I use a cheap hozon brand siphon injector. The cal nitrate is a very highly available nitrogen.

I started out with osmocote pelleted. It is great for tomatoes and peppers but sucks for hemp.

A friends greenhouse used just happy frog for potting their seedlings, and they did fine. I think it is the worm casings that make it work. It does wash out over time with a lot of watering.

1 Like

Hillbilly super soil is half Happy Frog/half Ocean Forest.

We used to call those brands “Smiley Frog” and "Ocean Floor’. Ha.

2 Likes

I believe the correct term is mountain peoples good sir.

7 Likes

So to give you an idea of bang for your buck. Im getting to 10k gallons of nutrient solution fed to 10 rooms. I’m using a salt based nutrient HGV, growth and bloom with Cal Nit. I also suppliment AGT-50 and a Tea.

Cal Nit, Growth and Bloom are mixed at 150lbs per 55 gallons.

Cal Nit = 25 gallons used.
Growth = 40 gallons used.
Bloom = 5 gallons.
AGT-50 @ 13,750ml per 55 gallons has used 20 gallons of stock solution.
My suppliments also include bud blood, big bud and azos in powder form.

Uploading: 16014818758774008068982374531042.jpg…
I estimate that the only drum i will need to refill before the 10 pods are harvested is the CalNit. I can’t give you a price breakdown for my cost per lb of salt due to the price I am given. If you go to the website though this should give you a general idea of what it will cost you.

11 Likes

7 Likes

I just sent you guys an email on the site for a sample. I want to get this going in our grow.

I’m also going to do a side by side of their feeding program and one that I prefer. We have two rooms that are the same size and everything. They also harvest and reset them at the same time. So, next time I want to load them with the same strains and I’ll do some room care and feeding that they don’t and I want to see the difference

5 Likes

You ever try adding some silica?

Agsil16 is cheap.

1 Like

I got my own hillbilly super soil. 100 years of conposted manure and hay, never touched by conventional ag. I have mailed it to gardening friends as a tea starter.

This plant has had absolutely zero fertilizer or irrigation, and it has been very dry.

23 Likes

You gotta be careful with that stuff especially in coco. Too much potassium locks out Ca, the metabolism engine of the plant.

9 Likes

I use it lightly (3/4 strength) even in soil. The dosing rate is already light. If I remember correctly, .5tsp per gallon is what they recommend.

I also use in a foliar as part of my ipm.

1 Like