Theoretically leak proof cartridge?

Hi everyone,
Recently we designed a cart that is theoretically leak proof.
The concept is oil intake holes can be blocked and unlocked manually.
The oil intake holes are kept blocked until the end customer use it. So theoretically if the cart is 1ml, you fill exactly 1ml and the customers get a full cart with no oil loss, and it won’t leak.

We have been testing it for 3 months now and it is doing pretty great. We’ve done standing and vibration test. Since cannabis is illegal here in China, we use thicker E-liquid to do the test and none of the carts leaked. We still need to see how they perform with real cannabis distillates before we can say it is really leak-proof, but I think this will at least significantly reduce the failure rate.

Please let me know how you guys think as you guys are professionals in the industry. Any information helps.

pictures:

8 Likes

Into it. Does it help with pressure changes in shipping?

We are doing that test now.
We mimic the worst scenario by having the carts with e-liquid shipped to a north west city in China by air (we are located in the south). We will see if it helps with pressure changes in the airplane. If that doesn’t leak, it’s good to go!
We are waiting for the parcel to return.

3 Likes

according to our negative pressure test in the factory, none of them leaked.

4 Likes

Much larger intake holes needed, at least 2.0 mm if you only use 2 intake

7 Likes

I immediately saw Qma response an mine is the same the oil hole to start needs be 2.0 second you need 4 holes not 2 an my suggestion which I was trying to get amigo cart factory to make for me was I saw they had carts with the holes on bottom instead of side of coil but they were 1.2 I asked for 2.0 but they wanted a 5000 moq which was lil to much for me . So my suggestion is as many holes as u can get as big as u can get them an the locking mechanism seems to be pretty neat too

3 Likes

this is a trial production, and we only made 10 of this for testing. We can make 2.02 or 2.04 based on clients requests. Our MOQ is 100.

we are thinking $1.68 for moq
$1.42 for 10000

4 Likes

Can u provide more pictures tho like inside the cart etc?

Please PM me your emali, I will send more pictures to you.

Can you send out any for testing?

Absolutely! We can give you 3-5 for free! Please pm me your email address

3 Likes

Cool idea. Need more info on the diameter and number of I take holes. When locked closed is the orifice fully sealed airtight?

This sample in the picture is 1.5ohm resistance, 1ml capacity, bottom air intake 1.0mm times 4. Top filling, oil hole size 1.2mm times 4, we made it for testing with e-liquid. We can make oil intake holes 2.0mm times 2 or 2.0mm times 4 or other sizes based on customers request.
I wouldn’t say it is completely sealed airtight, and I have the same question too, so I am doing a simple test in my office.
oil holes are blocked before filling. I will keep it standing for 48 hours and see if there is a significant liquid loss. And I will unlock the oil hole after 48 hours and see if there is a significant liquid lose.
So far it is doing pretty great. I don’t see any difference after standing for almost 24 hours

5 Likes

It is nice and clean after standing for 48 hours.

4 Likes

what oil did you use in there to test it?

can you give us more details on the coil? are they tested lead free? etc

a good test for this cart would be to fill it 3/4 full, then put it in a mason jar or vacuum sealer bag. pull a vacuum for a day or two then open and check for leaks.

4 Likes

Also leaving them in a vac oven for several hours at 110-120f would be a good test to see if they leak states like az where a vehicle sitting for a matter of minutes will make a cart leak

7 Likes

I was told they have done both vacuum and heat test, and it passed. I am using 70% VG e-liquid for testing. I have another test result on the way, let’s see how this cart performs after having a 4000 KM return flight.
The material is copper with chrome coated. I believe it contains a tiny bit of lead in the copper but not on the surface chrome coating. They are making version two which is fully made from 316 stainless steel, and that would be completely lead free. It is getting lab heavy metal tested since it is a new product.

3 Likes

These two carts remain nice and clean after having a 8000KM shipping by air. This could be the worst case scenario of shipping, including temperature change, air pressure change, and bad handling etc…
I am so happy to see the result.

1 Like

Interested! Could I pay to have a sample pack to Canada?