Theoretically leak proof cartridge?

Absolutely! Please PM me with more information.

We are attending the Cannabis business summit & expo these two days in San Jose, California. If you would like to get some samples for testing, we can go to your facility directly and talk about the products!

Iā€™m not trying to knock this product by any means, especially when I havenā€™t tested the item myself, but just want to share what my many years in the vape industry has taught me. This is a great product conception, but thereā€™s so many other questions that need answered before a (or your) company blindly places their name on the item. Whatā€™s the coil and wicking material? How does it stand up to varying viscosity of liquids? (some people run straight dist, others dilute, this plays a huge role on the tank you choose). Are these tested for heavy metals? Whatā€™s the failure rate? Weā€™re still seeing massive amounts of innovation and newer, better products in the vapor industry, but more times than not the next best thing is the new junk item. Not saying this is by any means, but before I would be able to move forward I need to know is this the best vessel for my product. Aside from leakage prevention, why is this tank better than the others on the market?

5 Likes

Hi,
Sorry for the late response.

1. The coil is ceramic, and the center post is made from lead-free copper.
  2. We currently have 4 times 1.4mm intake hole version that works perfect with 50%-80% viscosity and we are making 4 times 2.0mm intake holes which will work with 85%+ viscosity. Based on our clientsā€™ test result, they put very very runny oil in it and none of them leak at all, so it should also work perfectly with thicker oils.
  3. Yes it passed heavy metal test.
  4. Data from our QC department shows the failure rate would be around 0.2%.
  5. Aside from leakage prevention, the locking mechanism would block the oil from going into the wick, so the coil wouldnā€™t absorb oil before end customers use it. Customers would happy to get the cart fully filled to the top.
  6. The mouthpiece can be customized. Ceramic mouthpiece is also going to be an option instead of metal.
  7. We have a good ceramic formulation so it tastes good.
  8. We give free samples for testing.
3 Likes

So far so good really liking these!

Iā€™m liking these as well my only complaint is that the tank holds slightly more than 1 ml. So if I meter 1ml of oil they have a decent sized bubble and custys complain! As of right now I think I like the ascent full ceramic better. And the ascent carts are substantially cheaper. The shipping was also better on the ascent vapes not sure why but my first box of these were packaged badly and turned to glass shards. Topchances sent me a new pack out immediately and they arrived fine this second time around so the customer service seems good from that aspect.

6 Likes

Is there a way I could request a sample of some of these? They look awesome! The ceramic ones look awesome.

Thank you for the feedback!

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the first bad packaging, this will never happen again. I will send your feedback to our factory department, and I will let you know what they say. Thanks!

So far 3 out of 50 failuresā€¦ at this point itā€™s probable that I wonā€™t try to fill anymore out of fear of wasting good distillate.

hereā€™s one uploaded

4 Likes

What mechanisms of failure are you seeing so far?

The tolerances and design of the bearing on the bottom appears to be the weak linkUploading: 20190816_233734.pngā€¦

1 Like

Classic tire shake from high HP disty. Clearly the carts canā€™t handle.the power. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Damn I really liked these tooā€¦I fell asleep on my pen last night. Woke up to the wabble gosh darn it!

Itā€™s not the threads. Appears to be design flaw of the closure interface.

2 Likes

Yeah, that looks like some solid bubble gum tech there. Too bad.

Well Iā€™ve got 9 recalls back from customers so far now from 50. Gotta say Iā€™m really disappointed. Thatā€™s about 180 bucks worth of distillate sales Iā€™ve had to pay back to customers from these carts that come apart. @topchances i dont imagine I can get my money back on these things. Thatā€™s 400 bucks lost on 200 of these things and about 200 bucks lost in vape sales. No telling how the remaining 41 I havenā€™t heard back on will fare.

2 Likes

Yeah mine are free spinning the lock now :frowning:. I loved the idea though. Guess this is what R&D all about though

1 Like

They need more r&d. I probably shouldnā€™t have paid any money up front on carts that are still needing more design review cycles. Luckily I only filled 50 of them. But for a small medical operation like mine 600 dollars wasted is a bitch at this stage of the game. Not that I havenā€™t already wasted thousands on shitty Chinese carts through various sampling/review cycles already.

4 Likes

Man that really sucks. I would try out the ceramics if I was you my bro.

4 Likes