TheLostBiologist Bucket and Post Processing Tek for Golden Extract

What do you mean by reusing the ethanol 3-4 times?

I’m definitely interested in finding a way to pull out all of the cannabinoids in a single run. Color I’m really not too concerned with because of the crc threads.

you might want to extract at -20C and above because the solvent’s ability to pull cannabanoids gets a bit worse as you go colder - a cost of being able to avoid pulling waxes and other water solubles.

you’ll have to winterize though if you do that since more crap will be in there. basically you have to decide for yourself which makes more sense from an economic standpoint - winterizing warmer extract oil or recovering more solvent

2 Likes

Approx 13lbs trim.

No winterizing at all

Interesting, i use that for 5 gal and get similar yields.

1 Like

1gal etoh per lb is what is the norm to use.

1 Like

Yeah, i know. I just made calculations based on known saturation and found that etho can hold more than 1lb per gallon, thus i increased the amount i use per run. Gonna be trying some room temp after having seeing lab tests showing that the green had equal amounts cannabinoids as any lighter colored tincture.

1 Like

I have another wash scheduled in a week or so. I may play around with the ratios if it saves me
Rotovap babysitting time

1 Like

Yeah, that was pretty much my issue too. Trying to be as efficient as i can. :grin:

1 Like

Took me a while to roto all that damn etoh. Bought a new wobl vac pump and went much quicker tha last 4 gallons.

Lol

I have 2lbs trim sitting, i should have washed that and tossed in my crude. But had to chase vac leaks for 2 days. On top of my 5hrs a day garden duty.

Like bucket tek style w 2nd pass

Aight, homie. The game is on. I just talked to ecodyst and got confirmation that they, with lab tests, have successfully ran 150lbs of biomass through 15gal etho without losing extraction efficiency. I’m gonna go some room temp extractions today and filter that and also refilter the bleaching clay tests from a couple of weeks ago in 100g t5, 65g ph neutral carbon, 100g cilite 545 and 100g magnesol to see what happens.

5 Likes

So no chilling? I was thinking of trying the same thing. The sop I was thinking was this wash the new distill then winterize the smaller amount 10x then filter color. What do you think?

10lbs boimass per 1 gallon ethanol? 1 gal etoh will barely saturate 10lbs

Maybe using the same etho over that much fuging it out?

1 Like

Ok, i was unclear. They did it in 15lbs increments and reused it 10 times. The biomass also tested at 15% I believe he said.

2 Likes

Is the 100g 65g ect what is needed for the 150lbs? And 15 gallons?

Yeah, I’m gonna do 15lbs/5 gal first. Then try 20 lbs/5 gal and 25lbs/5 gal. I think. First do a quick filter with a 25 micron paper. Then filter with the 4 medias. After that throw it in the freezer to winterize and filter after 24-48 hours. Then roto, decarb and spd. That’s the plan for now.

1 Like

Tbh, that’s what I’ve used per 5 gal before, but it might be overkill. I’m gonna run as much as i can until it starts coming out darker. When i was using the bleaching clays with just t5 i noticed it became orange/ reddish towards the end. Now that i added cilite this last gem run stayed golden all the way through. Adding magnesol might change it further. I’m still in the research phase.

1 Like

So do a particle filter right after of course. Do you think you could filter with the media’s after you distill to run less fluid? Or media’s best first? So cool you’re doing this too I’ve been often thinking of it. Save a lot of bs time on chilling

1 Like

So, the one time i distilled to use less solvent i used heptane 2:1. The solution was to thick to filter correctly, that’s why I’m doing it in the etho, cause it seems to work better for me. I’d advise a minimum of 4:1 if you go that route.