TheLostBiologist Bucket and Post Processing Tek for Golden Extract

what bleach are you using?

We need that oven sop

1 Like

IMG_0329
Pre & Post Filtration using T-5 & AC

Loaded my Hochstrom from Summit with about 150g of T5 and about 100g of AC - ran 15L of solution through(third beaker not pictured). Was worried the effectiveness of the adsorbents wouldnt last all 15L but seems to have managed well.

I’ve only ever used AC and must say I am quite impressed by the difference in clarity with the addition of the T5. As mentioned - its a pretty slow process. I’d like to include a filter aid next time to see if i can speed this up for scale.

@TheLostBiologist Thanks for sharing - definitely picked up a few things that I’ll now be implementing into my process. Cheers! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I started out with the same combo as you with t5 and neutral ac. Then I was asked to try the clay from @vacuumdynamics instead. That is now the clay I’ve been using. I’m doing a Pepsi challenge between t41 and vacuum dynamics clay as soon as all my ducks are in a row.

3 Likes

Looks like my cleanup of the “grinch” ethanol. I only did an ac scrub/filter at room temp.

4 Likes

I would think that iso brings too much water to the table to get the same results. You can definitely do an iso extract and the bentonite/ac will still clean it up. But I can’t say whether it will get that golden color we are shooting for. In any event doing it quick and cold, as with the EtOH, would give you the best chance at good results in terms of clarity.

1 Like

Iso will pull.more nasties than etoh. Reason why I still use etoh at 340/5 gal of 200 non denatured vs the 99% iso I can score for 18.00/ gallon

About the Bentonite/AC cake and a filter at the bottom … I saw you use Whatman #4 which has 20-22 microns hole size. We have 1 micron and 11 micron filters available to put under the Bentonite/AC cake. Should we use any finer filters or it would be an overkill?

1 Like

You can use whatever filter grade you would like. The finer the grade the slower it will go, however. The bentonite and AC are fine enough by themselves in my experience but I would be curious to see your results!

@Kingofthekush420 claims that scrubs work better than just filtration.

Makes sense to me, just a bit more work.

Scrubbing with heat opens the bentonite clay molecule up which allows it to grab and hold on to things once cool. I didnt think of this myself @Shadownaught told me how this works so dont take my word for it :wink: I’ve found that scrubbing with t5 before using it in the flask makes it work 10x better

2 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 Interesting. I must of misinterpreted your earlier post. Didn’t realize you were using it in the flask AND in the scrub. Noted for next time.

1 Like

Do you see much isomerizaton using t5 in the flask? I’ve not used adsorbants in the flask other than for creating d8. I’ve wondered what would happen if I used neutral clay in the flask. If it improved color without causing isomers it would be something I would try.

3 Likes

The tests I’ve done t5 creates more d8 then t41. T41 (c bleach) creates a lot of delta 10 or something that my labs do not test for. I havent tested it in a while. I’ll test this next batch I’m making and post the results. Itll be warm extracted hexane crude that is winterized and distilled twice (second time with t5 in the flask). I make alot of d8 because my people like it so much.

2 Likes

I saw someone said on one of summits posts they use it in the flask without isomerization but I dont believe it because I’ve tested it before and it made high d8 with like 5% delta 9 left

2 Likes

Yeah I had similar effects with any acid activated clay I’ve used in flask.

1 Like

What percentages of T-5 are you using to make d8?

5%I never use more or it hurts your yield

1 Like

This was my first run with c bleach lol same tech I do just different clay, I never managed to get above 50% d8 with t41 which is why I like the t5. I’ll try and find the t5 test results

3 Likes

does CBD or THC isomerize faster when heated with T-5 bleaching clay?

1 Like