The use of terpenes as agronomic tools for pest and disease control

So here we go… A derailed discusion in another thread went into the use of terpenes in agronomy /horticulture…

Anyone doing this?

So for small scales it would probably fit nicely into an indoor setting where ypu could control evaporation with RH/Temp controls…

Greenhouse? Heh probably also is you have a semiclosed greenhouse eithout leaks.

Outdoor? Why…? The sun and the wind would just blow them away…

But the problem lies in the selectivity of each terpene that has some effect on certain genuses of insects and fungi…

Finding a sharp weapon in a fight with blunt nature has little meaning since there will be pests that will withstand the teprenes or might not even have receptors to understand that he should go the other way.

I have however in my journeys seen orhacrds with very differents strains inside where some had close to no pest attacks ( example white widow type trainwreck pheno had nothing while the aurora indica next to it was ravished by cstterpillars) could not pin it down but pretty sure the terps did the job there…

So please… Share your thoughts and lets find tge right strain for the right location.

There is an invitro study of cannabiond effects on fungi development. Will post if I find it somewhere…

Im suggesting with the analytics capability and the countless strains growing in so many different parts of the world could yield significant data for a cultivator battling his nemesis just with the correct strain select…

Welcome all to a botanically pathoethomological debate…

1 Like

Very well said monseniour…

We use Terpenes, at scale, for pest control outdoors.

All of our plant systems are polycultured and include many flowers and herbs that use Terpenes to repel insects

We also apply terped MCT to our cattle to disrupt fly life cycles

3 Likes

I notice that high limonene strains have increased resistance to pm.

This is merely anecdotal

3 Likes

Any concernes with sprayingin flowrr due to teprenes dissolving cannabinoids?

Nice i like the cow implemetation… Thats not in the feed though right :slight_smile:tnx for sharing

Anecdotes lead to investigations…