The Quest for the Ultimate Kratom Gummy 🏆

55labsvs75labs-removebg-preview

PREAMBLE:

I meet some really cool people on this forum, one of which I have a lot of respect for is @MillerliteRN . I refer to him internally with our team as the ‘Gummy Lord’ :joy: . I mean dude documented from A-Z his venture with the gummy-game and gave selflessly to contribute something beautiful to this forum. Shit really caught my eye. Adding value open-source is dope as yola and as we all know, team work make the dream work. As a kratom guy, his post inspired me to inspire something genuinely unique and special.

A place like this forum is literally a FREE brain trust, with foremost industry experts whose core competencies include plant extraction and chemistry with various SOP’s, methodologies and variations. Not to mention the killer advice on branding, marketing, web dev… Anyway with all the help here, one can go from an initial product conception, advice and prototyping to full R+D with revisions and finally product birth/launch. This can literally save millions by using this thinktank as a pre-market launch to ensure success of a product.

Objective:

To make the ultimate kratom gummy. I lmean the world’s best kratom gummy, period No shortcuts, only the finest source material and SOP’s. That and a relentless dedication to crafting a genuinely delicious kratom gummy. A kratom gummy that tastes great and hits even harder. A gummy people look forward to eating. One that helps the masses and has the power to help folks get off harsh drugs and stay off.

A literal alternative to harsh drugs like opioids, benzodiazepines, amphetamines, substituted amphetamines etc. Something using our highest quality organic extract - food grade everything. I’m talking all natural and healthy - something that can be used every single day in moderation, with minimal downsides.

Kratom used in moderation can be used every day, safely with very minimal withdrawal or discomfort. From my subjective experience and others, <10 grams of all natural powder or extract per day or equivalent is quite safe compared to pharmaceutical alternatives.

Climate:

Historically, kratom gummies have always tasted AWFUL due to manufacturers utilizing lower % mit extracts that are made with harsh solvents. Kratom is its plant state is also bitter AF. Nobody wants an extremely bitter acetic acid tasting gummy - they are FOUL and so people stick with shots which are less pain. This is particularly true when made with a poor quality 1-2 grams of gelatin.

Traditionally, extracts that are the cheapest are utilized to maximize profits and manufacturers usually get middle-manned from labs and are taxed on the small quantities of powder extract they need for test runs.

As such, the top shot companies and gummy companies usually turn to 30%-45% dark brown, smelly acetic acid tasting, bitter bullshit. If one wants a 50mg mit gummy, using a 40% mit extract one is literally using 125mg of that brown horseshit in a small 2 gram gummy. Usually the gummies themselves are hard and nasty. One is stuck chewing the foulness over and over and the non-food grade solvent extract and gummy is stuck in teeth and such. It sucks donkey dick.

big-gold45-powdered--kratom-extract-for-sale-at-carolina-kratom

They do this because it is most cost effective to use extracts they purchase for $3,000 a kilo vs. stuff twice the purity that costs $7,000 a kilo. Most big kratom companies only care about one thing - PROFIT.

Let’s run the numbers boys. Let’s assume they use a manufacturer that charges them 20 cents a gummy to make and package. At 125mg of 40% mit to make a 50mg mit gummy… Okay my math isn’t that great but at 125mg of 40% extract we get 8 gummies per gram. One gram x 1,000 (kilo of extract). We are talking 8,000 - 50mg mit gummies. Sheeeeeeut we are talking nearly 38 cents a gummy in extract cost! Now add 20 cents for the gummy man/copacker

1 kilo of 40% mit extract at $3,000 / kilo = about 60 cents a gummy

Now keep in mind the shops want keystone pricing 100% markup and the distros wanna eat too 20-30% margin…

Try this with what most folks pay for 75% all food grade premium extract and ya need 66mg of 75% extract to get 50mg mit. Now the stronger extract makes 15 gummies a gram of extract. 15,000 gummies per key :key:

Nearly 50 cents a gummy BEFORE the 20 cents for the gummy mane / copacker. At 70 cents a gummy, ya ain’t slanging no gummies to stores who want to keystone. 4, 50mg mit gummy packs go for $10 MSRP. So you gotta get em to the stores at $5 max. How ya gonna eat when the 4 gummies cost you nearly $4? Ya ain’t gonna eat.

1 kilo of 75% mit extract at $7,000 a kilo = 70 cents a gummy.

This is why good tasting kratom gummies don’t exist… Until now.

3 Likes

Refine extract to higher purity in house is the answer never made any gummy s with kratom but sounds cool

3 Likes

Making a GOOD kratom gummy

So quite simply, the majority of manufactures literally can’t make something that tastes good because they have to resort to buying terrible quality kratom extract for an affordable price. Stuff made with harsh solvents, that smells and tastes terrible. In addition - harsh solvents also aren’t great for extracting the full spectrum of all kratom alkaloids. Quality in = Quality out and the results are horrible when one has standard pricing from middle men or bad labs that are more about quantity than quality.

Fortunately, with @MillerliteRN 's superior pectin SOP and flavors- the gummies taste great when we utilize our highest quality food grade extracts. We have the best pricing in the industry for the finest extract, because we move serious volume - economies of scale are at work…

Enter the Contenders

75% mitragynine, 85% is one of our premier offerings and is tasteless - ideal for liquids… We just beta tested a Key Lime 50mg MIT using the 75% and it came out great. This extract is exactly what the top manufacturers utilize for kratom products that actually taste great. Think the biggest seltzer guys, the clear clean shots, etc.

We are conducting an A/B split testing of a 25mg mit gummy utilizing our finest food grade 55-60% mitragynine, 99.8% total alkaloids VERSUS the contender 75%, 85% total alks.

I may hold an inherent bias, as I prefer full spectrum alkaloids with an accurate ‘feeling’ that plant matter in its whole state delivers. As such, the full spec alks lower mit% tend to hit harder MIT mg for MIT mg due to the other alks folks sleep on like 7 oh, speciociliatine, speciogynine etc. Example, we recently got a 20% MIT but 28% spec C content! This stuff hits like dope and folks can actually lose motor control and even feel the nods… That may be ideal as an alternative to serious opioid medication for pain, but certainly not a for a productive daily driver - which is our goal for this gummy.

Clearly the entourage effect is in work and way more goes on than we know with various phytonutrients and unmeasured variables.

Full spectrum alkaloid content is more of a warm hug, traditional opioid feel. In my opinion, folks get obsessed with the MIT % like people do with THC. I mean I get it, we have ultra high mit percentages in EXTREMELY clean 75%, 85% mitragynine and even a whopping 91%, MIT, 99.8% alkaloid extract available (expensive AF though, impossible to create an affordable gummy at the moment in mass)

The higher MIT tend to be more focused, but similar euphoria. High mit is a great alternative to stimulants and ideal for getting work done :white_check_mark: . A lot of this comes down to preference but what I do know is that of all of our extracts we carry are excellent and we carry a lot including:

5% mit, 8% mit, 20% mit w/ additional 28% SPEC C, 30% mit, 45% mit, 55% mit, 65% mit, 75% mit, 85% mit, 91% mit

But the 55-60% mit, 99.8% total alks organic food grade and 75% mit, 85% total alks organic food grade just HIT DIFFERENT.

Anyhow I know a few of our team think the 75% will remain victorious, I highly disagree and put my money on the newcomer… The underdog with the brilliant 10-20% levels of secondary alkaloids. This is how I see shit going down from our A/B split test and our reactions from the small - but statistically significant sample size.

I’d like some feedback on this forum to see about the gummy champion we select for mass production. Will Dolph Lundgren stand strong or will the newcomer surprise the industry?

Ya’ll already know what I think…

Contest details:

Simply reply with who you think shall be victorious and why you think so.

Then just shoot me a DM to tap in with your shipping address and I should be able to ship your packs out next week for you to get em Friday or Saturday for your evaluation. First come, first serve.

First 5 FREE GUMMY A/B split test packs include:

5, 25mg mit gummies derived from 55-60% mit

AND

5, 25mg mit gummies derived from 75% mit, 85% total

FREE USPS Priority Shipping with tracking sent via DM. Thank you for your feedback and helping us in our quest to create the world’s best kratom gummy.

1 Like

Can i send you some?
They are to die for!

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Fortunately, that isn’t necessary - but some folks in the kratom industry use that as a business model. Buying lower 20% for a great deal and purifying. Most people just get quality kilos like 1.5% mitragynine and then extract beause it is cheap to do that. Generally $5 a kilo right off the dock before testing, storage overhead, shipping etc.

The cool part is that we have lab direct connects with excellent pricing for all types of extract. It’s kind of like in cannabis if someone buys out the farms crop - they can get much better prices than someone getting 5, 10 packs ya know?

1 Like

Got to be the underdog all day!

RIP to Carl Weathers :pensive:

4 Likes

RIP Carl.

The 75% is super solid as well but there is just that little extra ‘warmth/hug’ the full alks have that feels like a portion of that maybe like an approximate 30-50% reduction in … subjective perceived warmth/glow. The Mitragynine extracts >65% seem to lack a little warmth when they utilize ultrasonic homogenizers in their SOP’s to separate the Mit from the other alks.

When the other alks drop out to make high mit stuff, the remainder kilos of other alks are still real good. Interesting stuff the science behind all this. I’m not into weed concentrates too much but from what I know ‘live rosin’ is king… Seems to capture the complete essence of the plant and terp profile. I think there is something to be said for that.

When I used to grow indoor MMP hydro in RI, I did enjoy making bubble hash. It was pretty.

My $ is on the underdog as well. Entourage is a thing and not just with cannabis but with many plant based drugs. It’s s not all about the main active ingredient …that would be too easy.

3 Likes

They on Amazon too? :nerd_face:

Kratom isn’t allowed on Amazon unfortunately. Kava is okay.

1 Like

I want in on this. Hubs uses kratom daily for pain. DM details.

5 Likes

Let’s goooo. I just hopped off the phone with one of the top 3 worldwide extract wholesalers in our industry.

He is confident the 55%, 99.% is gonna come out victorious but mentioned how manufacturers are MIT obsessed and I agreed. He’s gonna jump on the A/B split test as well. It does come down to personal preference as the high MIT is excellent as an alternative to adderall or modafinil for sustained focus - I will admit that all day.

In two weeks I will also be offering:

91% Mitragynine extract for $9,950 a kilo down to just $6,500 for 100+ keys a month. Can go down to $6,000 for 200+ kilo a month volume.

2 Likes

What is the neutral water solubility of the two extracts you sell? Are acidic conditions preferred for shots/beverage formulations? I’m only interested in average-advanced kitchen formulations here.

Have you tried 25-50mg doses bound to fiber? I feel like kratom extracts are better absorbed slowly to avoid redosing compulsion and would love to find a way to do this with extract to get consistent, long lasting results

1 Like

We sell bulk liquid in gallon, 55gal and 275gal IBC totes as well. We carry many extracts but these organic ones are the best for the money IMO.

I’ll shoot you a DM with more info.

Update:

@MillerliteRN did some of the 55% mit, 99.8% alk batch and they are en route to me for shipment to you guys.

75%, 85% total alk ones coming soon so we can A/B split test em.

EDIT: We are only shipping out samples we feel uphold both of our quality standards. Part of this process is sorting the wheat from the chaff. So I’ll keep you interested folks posted via DM.

Your not shipping these to anyone on the forum… they taste like dog shit… and my name is not being associated with dog shit… they will fuck you up good, after they fuck your taste buds up.
We have better options available. Come on man you know better.

3 Likes

This is good repsonse for someone who loves their products.

So bascially just go with the 99% at lower doses with high weight gummies ?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the 55-60%, 99.8% alkaloid one yet. If it tastes real bad, it won’t be put on the market - but I have a lot of Florida kratom feen’s who would love to test drive it and would love free samples lol… There are many ways to skin a cat. I’m not going to a put out a poo-poo platter. For me, this is a product of passion and quality is always #1. My goal is simple, to make the best kratom gummy on the market. Part of that goal means it has to feel good AND taste good.

ANY extract can be further purified, or the taste profile ‘cleaned up’ so to speak. So even if an initial batch is made with a particular extract - that extract can be refined using a multitude of methods.

Mitragynine % is absolutely not the full picture, not even close. It is a good thing that there are so many variables to this stuff. In addition to just MIT percentage, a lot of laboratories have different SOP’s. We have access to around 20 different extract products right now and still dialing it in. The secondary alkaloids like paynentheine, speciogynine and speciociliatine are responsible for a lot of the kratom effects. 7-oh mitragynine is what the body converts mitragynine to in vivo, but some manufactures artificially boost their products with additional 7oh - sometimes even synthetically made. We aren’t interested in that route.

The current bar for kratom gummies is set so darn low. Most all manufacturers just use the cheapest extract they can get their hands on and as @MillerliteRN said, the good tasting ones he had before was with a higher MIT extract, I believe a solid 75% salt acetate with 85% total alkaloids. The bad players in this industry do not ‘clean up’ bulk extracts, they are just concerned with low cost and maximum effects - they don’t care about the taste, or health of the consumer. So they generally use non-organic 30%-45% mitragynine with around 60-70% total alkaloid content. It will often smell and taste extremely bitter and acrid - like acetic acid, UGH.

I’ve got my eyes on a few highly purified options. We have access to 80% and even >90% pure mitragynine, one option is 91% mitragynien and 99% total alkaloids… It isn’t financially viable for someone without direct lab access to manufacture a good tasting gummy that can be mass distributed.

But together, we can.

1 Like

The wife had her second 55% MIT 98% alkaloid gummy today (form the batch in question). She agrees with @KratomKowboys observation. The higher alkaloid % does make a difference in strength. My observation is that the shitty taste comes with the higher % of alkaloids. I could be wrong, but we already make a very good tasting kratom gummy.
Edit… to be clear… Shitty is to me = Bitter as fuck (every day average kratom gummy)

I do have a few ideas for the 55%, but im not talking gummies.

1 Like

DM me about this.

1 Like

There should be warning labels on all kratom products and products derived from kratom.

Same time I do recognize kratom does serve a purpose that can benefit ppl…But who’s following any kratom guidelines?

Might seem like I’m attacking or hating, I’m not. Just think consumers should know it’s addicting and withdrawal is rough for many.

I don’t think I’m the only one that wants to see warning labels on kratom products.

3 Likes