The Quest for Compliant Hemp Hash Rosin

What’s up everybody. I’ve started up a small solventless hemp processing facility in the south. As you are likely aware, compliance in this realm can be difficult without doing something like bumping it with isolate. I have come up with a few ideas like 1:1 CBD to CBG wash, UV-C treatment, CBN conversion using heat, washing an early harvest shudder, etc. I think that live rosin would be more likely to be compliant off the bat with a higher terpene content offsetting the weight, mine being a delta 9 only state. But many of my proposed clients have stockpiles of refrigerated flower from last year, and I don’t want to add terps that aren’t from the same batch, that seems disingenuous for a “full spectrum” product. Anyway, I ordered a lb of some below LOQ d9 critical kush hemp buds and processed it and the bubble hash turned out at 0.533% delta 9 and 44.73% CBD, and the rosin tested at 0.878% delta 9 and 61.4% CBD, 75.578% total cannabinoids.

According to this, UV-C treatment for an hour or two may be my best bet for knocking some of those pesky delta 9 molecules out of my way, but I worry about collateral damage.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I don’t want to do anything to make it not hash rosin anymore, it needs to stay wholesome.

I appreciate y’all and this forum and any helpful tips y’all have to share. I hope my pictures show up, I’m new to the forum.

PS: my handwriting is kinda bad so the test lab folks did their best with my company name lol

2009NBL2366.5413 - Aking Consume Products Corps. - Critical Kush Hash Rosin(1).pdf (162.9 KB) 2009NBL2366.5412 - Aking Consume Products Corps. - Critical Kush Bubble Hash(1).pdf (171.8 KB)

7 Likes

5 Likes

Yes best bet is to cut ur cbd flower with cbg flower, it will still be full spectrum solventless hash. But unfortnuatly i think thats always going take atleast 2x cbg flower than it does cbd flower. Making most of ur rosin taste the same, if u only have access to one type of cbg flower

4 Likes

I’m definitely going to explore that route, thanks

Has anyone on here tried UV remediation techniques in any capacity on flower, trichome heads, or concentrates?

1 Like

I think we are still waiting on that awesome 0% THC strain that is nearly ‘non-detect’. So far that’s like Otto and maybe a handful of others that often are limited to ~9-10% CBD.

Bubblehash concentrates the THC at least 3-4x the initial flower value (usually more!). Rather than remediate, I’m desperately searching for strains that are null THC.

3 Likes

Thats what this was supposed to be

Fwiw my t1 that was 16% cbd and .3 d9 in the field, when grown in hydro tested nd for thc and 8% cbd. Whether indoors or out, containers and hydro both seem to reduce thc more so than cbd.

2 Likes

If you don’t use foliar sprays, maybe we could collab sometime on your hydro and make some killer, compliant hash :cowboy_hat_face:

@AcpCo Did you ever find any leads to non-detectable THC seeds?

To my knowledge thus far, only Otto 2 from http://www.centennialseeds.com/ meets this requirement. If there is anyone else offering something better, I’m all eyes.

3 Likes

Not really, no. I had some bag seed from that run that was allegedly undetectable thc but I’m not a farmer and can’t ascertain whether or not it’s a legitimate claim at this point since I don’t have any more of the material. That run was hot anyway, even if still under 1%

1 Like

Here’s a quandary for y’all: I just pressed 22ish grams of hot blonde bubble hash and it only yielded about 5 grams of rosin. I pressed initially at 175F and then 200F for the repress which yielded about another gram. This is off of live, fresh frozen flower. Weirder still, I’ve got roughly 14 grams of these hash chips in the bag. Why didn’t they press? The heads were all on the small side, yielding the most in my 25 bag and in my 73. The 120 bag looked like it was collecting dirt.

1 Like

What psi & method of loading bio for press

1 Like

Approximately 166.66psi to 332psi at the bag. I didn’t sift this batch, instead I busted it up in the jar with my tool after weighing it after removing it from the freeze dryer. I spooned it into my 37u bag, folded the bag over and placed it inside another 37u bag. I let it preheat for about 45 seconds then began slowly applying pressure.

1 Like

Use far more pressure, heat I’d dial to 175f bottom 195 top plate if you can, flash heat for 30 seconds then place packed bag in, start pressing, press for 2-4 minutes should have a better consistency & far better color.

Sift the hash through a flour seive next time for more even surface area of heads to distribute after freeze dry

5 Likes

I’ll give it a shot, thanks.

2 Likes

Update: I’m not quite yet there, but I’ve made some compliant bubble hash as a CBDa/CBGa blend of four different varieties. It presses at 50%, too, and is delicious
IMG_20210125_192455_670|500x500

9 Likes

15 Likes

Impressive stuff!

3 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully some customers come my way and think so too lol

4 Likes