The Modern Extractor - A Cannabis Extraction Podcast (show feed)

Thanks man, It’s been a whirlwind. Hard to imagine that the first episode came out just under a year ago!

7 Likes

Bro this is fire. The fact that you put in the effort to created structured episodes, guest experts and transcripts is amazing. I’m subscribed.

5 Likes

New Episode Out!

And there’s a GIVEAWAY running for the next few days. I thought I may talk Ispire into giving 1 Wand induction heated e-torch away, but they hooked it up and we’re giving away 3 to lucky Mod Ex listeners! 1st and 2nd prize come with tripods and accessories. Total prizes valued at over $500! More details on the Mod Ex IG, @the_modern_extractor

Anyway… On this week’s show:
David Hall, Director of Products for Ispire, joins us to discuss the hardware we use to consume our cannabis concentrates. We go deep into the anatomy of a vape cartridge, and follow oil through the device from tank to vapor. We also get into their award winning Wand induction heated e-torch, and their Daab induction heated handheld rig.

Thanks for listening!

8 Likes

I love the Wand. Maybe it’s my age, but Nancy Reagan told me that torches were for crack. I can’t get used to it. The Wand is great. I use it with my bong. Easy peasy!

5 Likes

The birth of D.A.R.E. became part our lives after that

3 Likes

Umm ok…

Lol

1 Like

And only the Mayor of DC got to do that.

1 Like

New Episode Out!

This week Ryan Bellone, Commercial Director of @kcalabs, joins us to discuss analytical lab testing of cannabinoids. We go deep into the instruments and methods used to accurately identify and quantify the compounds present in a sample. We also get into analytical standards, how they’re produced, and the uphill battle that the lab testing industry is fighting to find or create the standards needed to test all the new cannabinoids hitting the market.

Merry Christmas & Happy Festivus, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, Solstice, and whatever else makes you throw a party, eat good food, and hang out with your people!

7 Likes

The Ispire Wand: Because Nancy Reagan says torches are for crack.

@Sidco_Cat as soon as I have a product to market I’m talking to you!

6 Likes

New Bonus Episode Out!

Kyle Detwiler, CEO of Clever Leaves, joins us to discuss Clever Leaves’ approach to running an international cannabis business. We talk about the mountains of red tape that needed to be cut to import DEA scheduled cannabinoids into the US and other major markets, as well as what that may mean for the existing markets and supply chains they’re disrupting.

If you’re concerned about the mega-grows happening stateside, keep Clever Leaves and their international operations on your radar!

5 Likes

New Bonus Episode Out!

Here is the final batch of interviews captured on the floor of MJBizcon 2021! (Figured I should probably get them out in 2021… so here you are at the buzzer!)

In this episode we talk to Hayden Tucker of Trusteel, David Zelle of Bhogart, Dean Segal of Pope, and Durty Harrie of California Gold.
Happy New Year!

3 Likes

I do what I can for the cause. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

New Bonus Episode Out!

Last batch of interviews from the Extraction Expo floor.
In this episode we talk to Luke Costello of Mach Technologies, Celeste Miranda of Mace Media Group, Brandon Bahr of Simple Solvents, Stephanie Salas of High Precision Gas, Lexis Shontz of Solvent Direct, Chris Lively of KNF Neuberger, and Andrew Yoon of Extractor Depot.

Stay tuned for more full length interviews with all the amazing guests I’ve got lined up for season 5! I’m in production now and it’ll be out soon!

4 Likes

Awesome episode @The_Modern_Extractor i love listening while I work!! Keep it up sir.

4 Likes

As per usual, you’re way ahead of me. You’re killing it, Jason! I’m so proud of you. You inspire me. :heart::heart::heart: Kudos to your coach too :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

What do you guys want to hear about? I’ve got 10 or 15 topics on my whiteboard, but I want to stay on top of what the industry wants to hear. No better place for an ear to the ground than here! What do YOU want the show to cover?

4 Likes

I really appreciated the interview you did with Ryan at KCA. I just bought a GC, and I found it very informative. I was curious if you had plans to cover DEA licensing at any point (specifically the analytical licensing process). After having purchased the GC, I started ordering standards for it, and have since ran into many issues trying to find DEA-exempt CRMs for everything I want to test let alone all of the companies asking for DEA licensing.

3 Likes

You might be interested in doing a show about our patent pending refrigeration system. It uses very little power but provides a large amount of cooling capacity within minutes. It is a direct replacement for CO2 and expensive chillers. For instance, our Behemoth typically uses 17 amps at the highest load to maintain (10) 6x48 columns below -50c all day long. It is by far the coolest tech the industry has ever seen! :snowflake: :cold_face:

11 Likes

@Zack_illuminated send me some info. jason@modernextractor.com

5 Likes

@Zack_illuminated send me some info! Jason@modernextractor.com

3 Likes