The Forever Purge

I got a pure bho run that’s been purging in the vacuum oven from 28 to 30 c for about 4 days and still looks like a plate of bubbles . Any ideas what’s going on? Moisture ?

1 Like

Terpenes are evaporating

14 Likes

for real ?!? Thought it had to go over 86 for that?!?

How do you tell when the butane stops purging and the terps start?

100% gaurentee you made a batch of sap.
Thats some terpey stuff.

4 Likes

Quality control, quality assurance… aKa a fat dab.

Look, you’ve had the slabs in for 4 days under full vac right? And i am assuming you have flipped those slabs once a day? Should be purged clean by now.

3 Likes

Didn’t flip them but yea 4 days

if its rapidly bubbling your stuff will never “finish” its not stable composition. If its bubbles frozen in time, turn up your heat. :beers:

3 Likes

I used real old and crappy material so wasn’t expecting terps , thanks for the tip

Then that’s not terpenes. you’re looking at THC vs THCA

14 Likes

set it on fire: Headspace residual solvent analysis on a GC with an FID :wink:

7 Likes

That’s being senseful, and we don’t do that around here. I’m just saying for the record

1 Like

depends where “around here” is. Getting this working in-house is my next trick, currently the issue is getting baseline separation between butane & Ocimene (I think…don’t have a standard yet).

In house Headspace residual solvents. SRI-GC FID

7 Likes

I’m not sure where around here is either… And I’m personally sitting here. But, these are my problems and I’m not trying to make them yours.

I honestly can’t shake the feeling that this thread should be about a forever Purge. And I’m not talking about ensuring your product is safe. Those damn problems of mine

2 Likes

This. 100%

1 Like

This is why. Probably stored improperly. Decarbed over time.

3 Likes

Exactly i was gonna say thc also.

3 Likes

It’s definitely thc instead thca if it stays a syrup

If u purge bho and just leave the vac running and keep flipping you’ll end up w budder Everytime if it still has thca left…that’s the only thing that can come.of over purging when thca is left

Otherwise if it’s to old it’s forever sap or syrup
Makes great vape juice then

3 Likes

Whatever

1 Like

Thanks for the help! Used some old material and some low quality new material so I’m still up in the air if it’s thc converted or terps. But I’ll run new material next time that couldn’t have decarbed to figure it out . Appreciate all the help , would never have figured this out on my own