The CBD Industry is under attack by the DEA!

Nobody makes money in hemp lol

10 Likes

On the extraction side maybe.

1 Like

The market is a bloodbath

1 Like

Willian Hearst, not Hurst. Harry J Anslinger deserves most of the credit. His grave is in Pennsylvania if anyone else wants to stop by to drain the main vein…

5 Likes

I have done alright with CBD and D8 with end user medical patients. I’m sure there was money to be made in D8 carts as well, but it has been an exception, not a rule.

1 Like

D8 is now legally the equivalent to meth

Just make meth. It’s more profitable and carries the same jail terms as a schedule 1

11 Likes

I’m afraid that one might have to fight this in front of a jury. Set the president there. Do you think any jury today would convict? Remember jury nullification is an important tool the jury can find you not guilty if they don’t believe what you did was a crime (it’s the last safe haurd to a tyrannical gov) even if you admit to doing the “crime” example " in Georgia Police said Javonnie McCoy was growing marijuana when they came to his Georgia home and caught him red-handed with it. Almost a pound of it, in fact, according to police who said he admitted it, and later, he looked jurors in the eye and said it was his and used it as medicine.

The jurors let him go. He was minding his own business and wasn’t hurting anybody, they reasoned. He just doesn’t belong in prison." You can find a dozen similar examples. It’s a well known fact jury’s wont convict cannabis crimes as a felony unless environmental damage has been done

4 Likes

Citation plz. One anecdotal story does not make established fact.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-24-la-na-marijuana-juries-20101225-story.html%3F_amp=true

One of the coolest judges lives here locally. He let my employee go because of overcrowding and he was at risk of “slipping through the cracks”. I agree with @Distillforeal

3 Likes
1 Like

I hope they agree too

Google is your friend

Google is a great tool, but what you stated is not a well known ‘fact’. Trends are happening, but to say any grower shouldn’t be afraid of legal repercussions is irresponsible imo.

You can absolutely get thrown in prison for growing, and that’s a fact.

2 Likes

They only grower who are going to prison are the ones who destroy the environment. The jury doesn’t like that

1 Like

I’ll agree with trends moving in that direction, but it isn’t free and clear.

Do they have this attitude in texas for instance?

2 Likes

I will for sure! Do you know where to find that info?
I’ve been basing my theory largely are what I’ve found leading up to the marijuana tax act of 1937. It looked to me like hemp was an ag commodity up until that point and was a leading competitor to DuPonts synthetic fiber business. Hurst used his media outlets to help facilitate a large misinformation campaign which led to the passage of said tax act.
Any additional info is greatly appreciated!!!

2 Likes

The problem with D8 is that nobody has been “minding their own business” - they’ve been marketing it as a legal way to get high to everyone and their mother.

And juries will 100% convict non-homegrowing cannabis charges, whether the environment is a factor or not. Look at states like California, where the state govt is equating 100% of “unlicensed” production with cartels (and environmental destruction).

6 Likes