THE CART FARMER (https://cart.farm/shop/)

Just to clarify. Are these for filling syringes? Or carts? Or both?

Anything you want

Yeah I deff want 1 if not 2 of these

1 Like

I’ll also offer a 5ml filler for edibles or large raw syringes!

6 Likes

Please let us know once they’re available! Been following all the posts about the DIY allflex + heatpad to the fiftyshot to here! Really into the set-up so I’ll definitely be interested - potentially more than one for the lab. Thanks for building a quality tool!

All you guys voted for the 1000ml, made me stock up and yall want the 250s now :joy::rofl: Exactly why I only bought a few

7 Likes

Please contact me about these machines I’m needing to fill 7420 ccells

1 Like

Sign me up for one of those 1k units.

5 Likes

I thought I saw the data somewhere before, but couldn’t find it again rn. What kind of loss to clean up per batch are we talking?

The 50-shot isn’t losing much since it’s only a syringe, maybe .5ml I’d say, but the container you draw your solution from when using a 50-shot does retain a decent amount, maybe another .5-2ml depending on a few factors like heat, surface area, etc. So, ultimately I think I lose 1-2.5ml(+/-.5ml) of solution each batch using the 50-shot currently.

Yes and no. A thin film gets left on the walls of the reservoir, but it is very minimal, and that .5 to 1 ml can be pushed down with a spatula.

As far as transfer loss goes, you can mix terps inside the reservoir to limit the amount of vessels you are loosing material to. You can sit a mason jar / media bottle on them too, for catching every last drop.

If you can get your distiller to pre split your batches into say 225g batches, you could just heat to transfer, set the resevoir heat to your mixing temp, and then mag stir/homogenize in the filler res while you weigh/blend terps

7 Likes

Can I see the opening on the reservoir bottle? Or can you tell me the width of it?

Yeah sure, it is 3.834" on the large filler and 1.87" on the small one. The Small one can accommodate media bottles but not mason jars.

1 Like

Final question, I think…

How much is lost to the lines etc… So what would you say the complete overall loss per let’s say 1000ml batch would be? I know 1ml doesn’t sound like much, but a cart is a cart.

I’m liking the idea of being able to do a 1000ml run, especially since I can fill using the 50-shot, not calculating refills, at a rate of 4 seconds per 5 carts so 1.33 minutes per 100 cart tray, or under 14 minutes for 1000, maybe 15 tops. This means preparing my cart mixture will actually expose my product to heat for more time than filling will.

1 Like

It is really hard to answer this because I haven’t been able to get measurable loss. It sounds like I’m playing but I am dead serious.

The first test I was trying to measure, I was supposed to pull 1000 syringes out, and I got 1000 and 12 ccell. The second test, I was supposed to pull 1375 iKrusher carts, and received 1403 Ikrusher carts. I have a feeling it was due to me using weight instead of volume to measure my material, and a poor quality scale. I have since purchased a more expensive scale

I am really sure there is transfer loss, I was able to push ~.3 out of the syringe barrel and line with a lot of air. Wasn’t worth the work, I’d have rather used alcohol and just cleaned it.

As far as the 50 shot’s losses, I would receive losses while pre-filling tubes, either to the side, or to the ridges at the top of the tube. Also, there would always be a little at the bottom of every tube I couldn’t get rid of.

Ok, you really have to calculate refills with the 50 shot, because they take more time than actual filling. This gun is faster than the 50 shot even if you don’t calculate reloads. No offense to them, but squeezing against .2 to 2 ml is a hell of a lot easier than squeezing against 25 ml. Also, my gun is smaller and more maneuverable. I also got my “trump hands” edition that goes up to 1ml for our friends with tiny paws.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine “loss” being a big issue if you can just clean with solvent then evap the solvent. Shouldn’t have any losses whatsoever

3 Likes

I’m using a Jimmy rigged qma filler, and theres 0.5-1ml loss on my 100g reservoir, I dont think theres gonna be any more than 2g loss on his.
I’m gonna add a mini ball valve between the filler line and syringe, so I can let the oil drip before attaching the syringe, to hopefully eliminate the bubbles

3 Likes

I definitely agree there was always loss to the 50-shot, and ultimately it sounds like at least a similar if not slightly lower amount of loss by using your machine instead.

I only wasn’t calculating the refill time because I wanted to calculate my projected time using your system since refill will no longer be a time eater. If we add refill time, and the additional loss you mentioned from the 50-shot, your device is a clear improvement.

I’d say with the 50-shot it takes almost 2 minutes per 100 carts, so closer to 20 mins for 1000. Your device should be able to save at least 5 mins in filling time in theory.

1 Like

Where are you getting your data? Have you used a 50 shot? I own one and I say 100 carts on a 50 shot takes round about half an hour. Just reloading takes a minute. It takes less time to reload my device than it takes to unscrew the 50 shot barrel.

It takes even longer to reload through the syringe. Also, we are not including the time it takes to heat reload cartridges. Also, with my device you can flip your mixing vessel over and let material drain into it via gravity. That’s hands free reloading.

I’d do a side by side if you want to donate material. Now that I have better equipment I refuse to have my material touch plastic.

This is like comparing the firing rate of a bolt action and semi auto, and saying “oh, but we are only counting the time after the bullet is chambered”

It’s a whole list of things too, but every time you fill a 50 shot barrel, your first shot will usually be inaccurate. I would get over/under fills with my first shot after reloading. Not only that, but successive shots would sometimes be off too, leading my fillers to have to set to 1.5 and under fill/guestimate 1ml

All those factors slow ones fill. With the 50 shot, we’d pull about 700 carts in a 7 hr workday. With my filler we pull twice the amount (1400) and go home 2 hours early (5 hour total day). Our biggest bottlenecks are cleaning the homogenizer and capping.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you’re being so aggressively defensive. I’m sorry my numbers don’t add up with yours, and I get my data from personal experience. FYI the overfill/underfill/extra drop problem seems to be related to the presence of air in the syringe. I’ve done nothing but agree with you from the start and every time I say anything you behave as though I’m attacking you.

Your machine sound like A CLEAR IMPROVEMENT. Your attitude about it seems unnecessary at best.

2 Likes

Lol it’s not you, I still have nightmares about using that machine. @Killa12345 sat and watched me struggle to fill 200 syringes before he got up and left outta boredom :rofl:

6 Likes