The Canada Thread

My money says those are never going away. HC cannot regulate them - they’re functionally in a different country as far as regulations are concerned.

7 Likes

The tobacco issue never went away, maybe this will be the same. The traffic to the on-Reserve retail shops has dropped significantly as more OCS shops open closer to people’s homes.

2 Likes

It’ll likely always be a bit cheaper, but once legal prices and product availability normalizes with the black market, there likely won’t be a major reason for most people to hop across the line.

4 Likes

The Indigenous market I’m most familiar with would be Tyendinaga. A few years back I was told by someone in the know that some of the senior members of the community that have a hand in that business, sat down with the RCMP and essentially told them the cannabis laws didn’t apply to them as a sovereign nation.

They allegedly threatened to block all the railways going east of Toronto through their land if any action was taken against them. I don’t know how much truth there is to that statement, but as far as I’m aware there have been little to no raids happening in Tyendinaga, where other reserves across Canada were hit.

They actually did block the railways during the Wet’suwet’en protests and it had a huge effect on the supply chain to Eastern Canada.

1 Like

No a friend.

1 Like

19 Likes

It truly is sad how our political scene over shadowed the rollout of legal Cannabis and the value-add products to consumers.

Makes it worse knowing that in provincially controlled sales environments, the feds essentially mandate the wholesale prices the LP’s provide the SKU’s to them for, and couple that with all the initial flower that got dried up in storage the consumer paid for crap product so its going to take time for the consumer market to come back at the retail level. Very, very unfortunate.

2 Likes

Throwing this out there, if anyone is in the GTA/Niagara Region ever and wants to grab a beer, talk shop etc. toss me a DM!

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Capitalismsucks420 Dump Site

Add something to the conversation

Here’s a pic of a personal strain, I call it Hurrikane

Some extracts
Processing: 9832C72A-E8EC-47EE-B5C1-F6A304CCBEC1.jpeg…

2 Likes

Fellow Canadians!

Pics of Honey Oil and a teaser for a new project i’m working on. Always happy to connect with others with similar interest.

What’s the BM paying for 1G Honey Oil carts these days?

It is 100% true

1 Like

Yes hello, ROJI here.
Thought I should share that I’m “processing in the legal industry” in Canada now and would like to talk shop with any of my Canada-bros that want to link or shoot the shit.
Tyvm

9 Likes

Cheers to that. Im busy aF this week but im always down to chat with a fellow member, which side of Canada are you on ? I’m in BC

Would you guys entertain the thought of having some sort of Signal or WhatsApp group chat?

2 Likes

I live in the Fraser Valley but work in Edmonton. Back and forth all the time.

I would gladly.

1 Like

Count me in!

1 Like

im game for a team chat on an app.

2 Likes

Hell yeah :slight_smile:

I’m doing stuff on the daily, would like to get my CO2 post.processing procedures licensed into a legal lab as soon as I can :slight_smile: got some relatively ground breaking tech up my sleeve :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes