The C.R.V. is here! Lets talk Agitation

, ,

With a big vessel like this, scrubbing decarbed hemp crude in pentane with absorbents could potentially equal skipping distillation. Improve cannabinoid ratio, improve color, move solution to a pentane recovery system while crashing crystals…victory

15 Likes

I’ve done this in the past with a much more rudementary setup. The jerryrigged setup didn’t allow for high enough throughput. This setup would allow for throughput that would make any CBD lab I’ve worked at happy.

2 Likes

At what frequency ? Would this be done best ? Any reframe links :fist_left::grin:

1 Like

I always used heptane for regular chromatography, I love it. If you scrub with it hot it works great.

I think the higher temp will make efficiency better especially with the t5.

5 Likes

I think if you’re going for isolate atleast 1 pass would be needed for higher potency.

Higher potency = more isolate right?

Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Yup. I brought that concept up way back in this thread. Now a few months later and with every new bit of research I feel like the plant concept I laid out here is looking better and better.

4 Likes

I’d love to avoid distillation entirely. It sucks :stuck_out_tongue:
Even a wiped film seems annoying in the long run

3 Likes

Purity is more a time variable. You want to cross a certain purity line to access crystallization, but at a certain point greater purity only gives you faster crystallization.

So if you take 60% CBD crude to 75%-80% through clean up, you will get crystallization equal to 85-90% but will take longer.

There’s probably way more to it than that, but using this principle we rarely require 2 passes if the first pass meets standards…or said another way, the clean up method would replicate my entire distillation process but without distillation.

8 Likes

Now we’re fucking talking! In-line agitation, I knew you’d figure something out to solve the pressure test issue with the original design you were playing around with @Krative.

My brain is firing so fast with ideas I can’t keep up rn! I’m seeing big things… Big.

3 Likes

@Krative didn’t you say that crystallization will stop once your cbd and other cannabinoids equal the same % in the solution?

Maybe I misunderstood

If this is true then higher purity = higher isolate yields

If what you’re saying is true you could crash thc a out of CBD no problem but you cant

1 Like

CBD crystalizations is inhibited from equal parts other cannabinoids in solution that don’t crystalize. This has been my experience at least.

1 Like

I have verified this rule as well. But this shows the dependence is really on ratio. Total cannabinoids can be 70% or 90% but if it’s 20:1 CBD:others, the % yield will be similar.

3 Likes

Wow talk about game changing, this definitely has my full attention!

2 Likes

We played around with Pesticide remediation using this method, MagSil pr and myclobutanil, it worked fairly well

6 Likes

@Lincoln20XX fancy reactor, medium scale

1 Like

Yeet.

2 Likes

With slight agitation from heat and having a recovery line at the top. The rumble of recovery will cause all of the media to rumble and float around the solution. Doing their scrubbing power

9 Likes

Can I get a price as well please. Thanks!

thats how i do it. Metered warm vapor injection thru a diffuser can provide plenty of agitation for mass transfer. The B80 does like to fall pretty fast in my experience, but the finer bubbles help to mitigate that issue. The agitator should work just as well.

5 Likes

What I’m saying only really applies to hemp where thc ratios never represent enough of the solution to stop crystallization. What is really helping crystallization is the removal of heavy contaminants like lipids, flavonoids, carbs, etc.

Like in my example, if your crude CBD ratio goes from 65% to 80%, you arent expecting THC to affect crystallization in an appreciable way beyond what a detailed first pass would do.

3 Likes