THCA Flower and Isolate: Has anyone seen a cannabinoid COA from a reputable laboratory that says indicates than .3% D9 content?*

I guess I am struggling to find the right place to post this.

My main question is, is there such a thing a THC-A flower or isolate with a cannabinoid COA from a reputable laboratory that indicates less than .3% D9 content? Has anyone seen such a COA?

If it does not really exist then I can stop looking. How about an expert opinion?

yeah iā€™ve seen plenty of these COAā€™s.

What is your goal?

are you specifically looking for thca isolate with less than .3% d9 or are you looking for high THCA flower with a COA of .3% d9?

3 Likes

And are you talking about flower that was less than 0.3% d9 when the sample for the COA was taken or will be compliant when you receive it?

1 Like

Seen plenty

Iā€™ve isolated THCA a bunch of different ways to produce ND everything but THCA (usually >98%)

1 Like

Yeah, at my former employer we would have tons of stuff grown for the dispensaries that would be pushing into the 20ā€™s on THCa and be <0.3% D9. I would joke ā€œhey this is probably technically hemp if you paid a lawyer enough to prove it for youā€ not thinking that the industry would be where it is now.

Those same batches of flower would have to get retested if it was later being used for a different product like prerolls. A month or two later it would still be roughly the same total THC but the D9 would be pushing well into the 1% range after just sitting in a turkey bag in a black/yellow tote for a bit. So my point is that the same batch would be verging <0.3% fresh out of curing but it really didnā€™t take long at all in normal storage conditions for D9 to multiply. I think more people should retest this stuff people are trying to pass as ā€œhemp.ā€

I do not know if THCa isolate decarbs as much as flower did. Iā€™m sure it would depend on how itā€™s produced but Iā€™ve got some samples that appear to have gone unchanged for years and remain totally crystalline. Slight pink hue in the solvent less THCa but Iā€™d be willing to bet D9 content is still comparably low.

8 Likes

plenty of COAā€™s showing less than 0.3% D9

any from a LICENSED lab will ALSO show total THC.
which will be calculated as 0.877 X THCA + THC

10 Likes

Both. We have not started selling these products, I am trying to establish reliable sourcing, as a preliminary to perhaps carrying some of these products.

Both!

Trust, but verify.

I was provided these by a potential vendor as documentation of the legality of their products.

1 Like

Slang dat shiiii

1 Like

Iā€™ll say I have not tested any weed flower that was actually below 0.3% thc (neutral), probably because it was all slow cured and sat in a bin before we tested it. I could see indoor being under the limit if tested right after drying, not sure if outdoor would pass even if tested wet.

Now the real question is, how long can you have that passing flower set on the shelf before it decarbs above the limit. And Iā€™d say that is very hard to nail down exactly, but probably not more than ~2 months. Possibly there is some storage conditions that would prolong it but I donā€™t think it is as simple as an inert gas. Maybe pickle it? Useless thoughts on a useless subject though.

And your biased white paper is some good chemical comedyā€¦ Thca and thc are not isomers, more like thca is the prodrug of thc.

Want some smokable flower that will allways be below total thc and get your customers high? CBG flower sprayed with d8 or hhcā€¦ Fucking doneā€¦ All risk avoided. You can stop asking if weed is legal now ok.

2 Likes

we DO sell CBG flower with D8 and THC-o, although we drizzle rather than spray or cryo-apply.

As far as that ā€˜chemical comedyā€™ this isnā€™t from a chemistry journal this is a legal opinion paper; a jury or any layperson is going to quickly get too bogged down in these details will never be able to get to an understanding that is ā€˜beyond a reasonable doubtā€™.

We have not been using CBD flower because it is so hard to find CBD flower that is total THC compliant when we test it. We have always used that total THC standard, and we have always known that our competitors flower products are ā€˜hotā€™ for THC, and now that this THC-A situation has caused us to revisit our standards and the codes that they are based on; if we can use THCA flower we might also be able to revisit CBD flower.

Donā€™t worry about it guys if the THCa decarboxylates into D9 itā€™s still OK cause itā€™s hemp derived D9 :sunglasses: Swag

3 Likes

Gang gang

Your legal opinion correctly states what an isomer is (same atoms but different layout) and then the next sentence says these two things are isomers but they obviously donā€™t have the same atoms. Legal bs still needs to be based in fact right? Otherwise itā€™s just hand waving for funā€¦

This is Outdoor ā€œsun grownā€ Biomass tested 60+ days after harvest stored in basic warehouse

Indoor Flower tested 8 months after harvest stored in vac sealed bag in basic fridge

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Kekeke the game welcomes all.

So far the flower I have found is pretty expensive for us, and so is the isolate; I think our competitors have less profit in these products as well, even though they are popular, so it is starting to look like high-risk low-reward for a company such as mine, that does not sell any products with more than .3% Total THC.

Does this forum consider Delta-9 THC-O to be legal? that will be my next item to review and source. I didnā€™t realize that THCa sourcing was taboo. Is there anything besides D9 and 9a that are off the table, as far as cannabinoids?

Iā€™ve wanted to see novel ways to cure to prolong THCa content or preserve or highlight certain terpene profiles. Iā€™d like to see a side-by-side with and without nitrogen gas, freeze drying, etc. vs. traditional slow cure.

As a sauerkraut junkie, keep it away from my weed. Ew.

3 Likes