THCa diamonds technique

5 Likes

crashing out some SFV…

8 Likes

Lemon Kosher finished up…

6 Likes

From 2017, took about 2 days to figure out this tech.

7 Likes

Finished up some Jack, came out with some decent sized rocks. Getting better each time!

11 Likes

curious on your thoughts about using viscosity meters for figuring the best time cap of jar ?

2 Likes

my thoughts are of gently slapping you

7 Likes

appreciate your thoughtfulness lol

1 Like

care to elaborate at all big guy ? smart mouth comments weren’t what i was after .I asked a simple question ,maybe you have a reason as to why that’s not a good idea instead bs comments that helped no one… anywhere .here in canada i cant put in shatter from a different starin as it would be cross contamination .so i want to devise a good way to zero in on proper super saturation .keep in mind we make a lot of diamonds already with no complaints, ever, that being said ,consistency among jars from the same batch is something im trying to improve .i may pour 50 to 60 jars in one day and have some variance in crystal formation …all producing thc-a crystals but with in that i may have jars that are a puck and some that are beautiful double facets .

Has anyone tried the 60/20/20 blend? If so what is the ratio for this blend? Is the 60 propane?

1 Like

It would say it in the tank but I have seen it be n-butane/isobutane/propane

2 Likes

I’ve used really close to that back in the can day . Whip it premium is tri blend

I don’t see any difference when I went to large tnks of 70/30 other than the propane is harder to condense

3 Likes
1 Like

Thank you, that was explained nicely.

Have you ever tried to stir EtOH at -50C ?

Think about the “on rates” of crystalization steps.

Then think vicosity and diffusion rates, then think molasses .

directed to the limited edition farm “quote” in your last post

9 Likes

Sorry to bump an old post, but is iso inherently dangerous to use? Or just works shitty. Like if I want to recrystallize THCa and the only solvent I have available is isopropyl alcohol, should I use that? Or try to use a terp fraction instead?

Alternatively (what I’m doing now) just melt it down in the oven and hope I don’t hit decarb? lol

2 Likes

Dont use Isopropyl alcohol to make diamonds. It wont work well and its not easy to purge because Iso has a relatively high evaporation/boiling point when compared to butane, pentane heptane propane hexane

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I see you didn’t mention ethanol, is that equally inconvenient? I’ll probably leave recrystallization to the pros until I do a bit more reading around. I have seen some ethanol diamonds threads I’ll check our again

1 Like

I think i messed up. I poured off into 2 jars. they both got a bit foamy to start but one turned golden and clear like honey. The other stayed clouded up. I opened it last night and it was all chunky but still small like sugar and was reacting alot. In my haste I combined them?