THCA Diamond harvesting

What’s up guys. I was just wondering, for those who make ReX diamonds. What’s your preferred method of harvesting? Asking because I use tools I have in the lab and I find that I have a lot of powdered thca left over after I’m done breaking the diamonds from vessel. Any good advice to prevent the loss?

Are you asking what sort of tool people are using to retrieve the recrashed THCa out of the solution?

Generally my diamonds pull up from the bottom as they form, I find the gap underneath and stab directly into it first. As soon as you release the pressure across the vessel, they’ll start dumping out.

5 Likes

Yeah, I suppose so. Just any tools/methods that work for you guys.

That would work with a diamond miner right? I use a glass cauldron

I harvest from mason jars this way, you won’t be able to spot the bottom gap on a miner…

Go super slow???

I feel you, yeah that’s what I do when harvesting from jars. It’s a bit harder with a harder diamond surface to not break a bunch of nice diamonds. I was thinking maybe a scalpel or something sharp :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You need a big stainless shovel or miners pick?

10 Likes

Those look a bit sturdier than the ones I use. Lol yeah for sure, gunna pull out the shovel.

4 Likes

hot water bath

5 Likes

Where I get these

4 Likes

From me. 250" .187" .125" in diameter. .125 are 6 inches long, the others are about 8 inches long. Plenty of length to get to the bottom of a jar, plenty sturdy to break the THCa puck in the bottom of a jar and retrieve the chunks. I just need to polish them up and I’ll have a bunch of them.

If you would like some hit me up.

9 Likes

I want some for sure

3 Likes

Always hooking up the homies! I used them filter rings you made me constantly.

It’s freaking awesome how good we all are to each other. It almost makes me not hate humans lol.

6 Likes

I have one of @TwistedStill tools. They’re way gnarlier than a standard dental tool. I’ve been using it for harvesting diamonds as of lately and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m gonna need 4 more in different styles soon

2 Likes

Yeah, the tools I use get bent lol

1 Like

Have you tried heating up your tools prior to harvest? I find that a cold tool breaks the structures down to a powder.
“Like a warm knife thru butter” same concept right?

2 Likes

Nice, haven’t tried that. I will give it a try next week though. Just tired of getting thca “dust” after harvest, I just end up collecting it and ReXing.

Some of it is in the crystallization technique. Try different thicknesses of mother liquor at different saturation levels in given dish sizes and you might find you want a certain mass or liquid level. The larger your formations are, and the less that stack on top of it, the easier it is to get isolated crystals apart with minimal breakdown

4 Likes