THC/CBD Infused Honey

I’m trying to infuse THC/CBD into honey but I’ve had trouble keeping it from separating without heating the honey up to a point where it starts to affect the taste. I used to make a glycerol monostearate/lecithin/malto dextrin water soluble mix but I have forgotten the recipe and can not find it anywhere. I would love any help to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Have you tried mixing the cannabinoids with MCT first?

3 Likes

Did you hear about the guy who infused honey naturally by having a hive near his outdoor crop?
Not what you’re looking for I’m sure, but super interesting
https://www.cannahoney.com/

5 Likes

“CannaHoney™ makes no claims regarding any cannabinoid content in this product.”

I assume there isn’t any cannabinoids, or they would be testing it to make sure they’re not shipping illegal products around.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of other people doing it as well. There was a write up in a magazine a few years back talking about a guy in the uk who was doing the same thing.

My guess is they can’t guarantee it because bees can go everywhere and get honey from lots of things nearby.
I could just be naive though, I really want to believe it’s possible.

1 Like

Cannabis is a wind pollinated plant. It has no nutritional value for bees and bees will not make honey out of it.

1 Like

Honey has a 30% water content and any oil will eventually separate.

1 Like

Why not use vacuum to remove the water content then?

1 Like

What is the temp of the honey where the taste is affected?

2 Likes

Honey is not supposed to heated above 50c. From what my bee keeper friends have told me enzymes start to break down at anything above that temperature.

I haven’t though of that. I think the honey might crystallize if there’s no water left and become basically just a sugar but it’s worth a shot . I’ll let you know my results.

5 Likes

I would think if it crystallizes, the addition of MCT would keep it in solution.

Excited to hear the results.

Edit: In my experience you can get about 8:1 CBD:MCT without it crashing.

1 Like

This is the honey I infuse. I’ve had jars a year old start to nucleate so yes degration does happen during infusion, I’ll be testing them this coming week to see exactly how potent the last batch was.

2 Likes

Are you just homogenizing with a high sheer mixer or are you doing something special?

1 Like

That’s ancient famiry secret

2 Likes

French are the only ones getting high from thca

2 Likes

:rofl:

He uses bees vs a magnetic stir plate to infuse the honey.

2 Likes

Jokes aside, a magnetic stir plate doesn’t mix well enough at low enough temps to mix. I’ve tried.

1 Like