THC/CBD Infused Honey

Hahahahahahha

1:1 oil:lecithin mixture + honey on low heat for 3hrs while occasionally stirring works great for me.

2 Likes

Actually honey should have a moisture content below 20% or it will begin to ferment. Most honey is around 18%.

50 degrees celsius will begin to degrade some enzymes, still tho there are many many enzymes that survive well into 70-80 degree celsius temps and beyond. There are extremophile enzymes that can survive in much higher temps.

You could try heating the two ingredients lightly in a double boiler then blend/homogenize with water then evaporate the water off. Not completely just below 18% moisture. That will preserve it. Honey itself helps stabilize the mix however you really need an emulsifier. It’ll be a lot easier to mix to create a consistent mixture if you use an emulsifier and water to blend it up.

If you use lecithin i recommend using sunflower lecithin versus soy if you can. It’s more expensive yet a far superior product. The efficacy of the phospholipids is compromised in soy lecithin through the extraction process (which uses hexane), and the H2O2 bleaching they do on it.

Is your final product intended to be the honey itself? Or something made from the honey?

1 Like

I disagree. Every year I see a swarm of bees feed on my moms cannabis plants, they rub the resin onto their legs and bring it back to the hive. I’ve watched it every year, 6 weeks into flower they come and some will put it on their left leg, some on their right leg.
It looks :fire::fire::fire: too lol

10 Likes

Fuck yeah! That’s what’s up!

So they don’t eat it at all, they take it straight?? I love this photo. Thank you

1 Like

Observations:
He rubs the leaves with his arms to get the trichomes off, then he licks it up and wipes it on his leg for transport.

Most of the bees were using their left leg, none of them used both…

High thought:
Imagine swarms of robotic bees harvesting live resin…

3 Likes

So so so freaking cool. I’m ecstatic about this. Been looking into buying a flow hive for awhile and I love cannabis. Definitely something I’m going to work towards. Thank you again

Robotic Bee harvested live resin will eventually be the new thing.

That goes against everything my bee keeper friends have told but you’ve got pics so I have to believe it.

My final product is the honey itself. So you’re saying do a ultrasonic lecithin like you would to make water than dehydrate the water out of it? Interesting that should work real well.

Liquid lecithin is way easier than powder, sunflower, but the taste is ass!! And 1% cannabinoids with 1% lecithin for 1:1 is a bad taste. 10mg per gram is the standard. It works. Using less lecithin at what ratio for liquid have you found to be the best and do you do powder?

Send one this way!
Edit: Sorry I didn’t notice this was an old post

1 Like

I use a solvent transfer from ethanol whether it’s a Green Dragon or concentrate dissolved in ethanol. No need for lecithin or other emulsifier. Use low heat to remove the alcohol and retain moisture. There will be no separation but if it sits for a year it will nucleate as the Chief has mentioned. I started infusing honey a long time ago. I posted a link to an old thread in another thread here but I’ll spare the repetition.

What’s really nice is to infuse your honey with craft Green Dragon tincture that has naturally decarbed for 4 months and retained the natural terpenes of the strain. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

This may be an older thread but honey never goes out of style.

5 Likes

Shiiiiiiiiiiit I’ll be making some here sometime soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smirk:

4 Likes