Thawed Fresh Frozen - Am i Screwed?

Same. Fuck live resin yields and moisture contamination

2 Likes

Just got 2 orders in today @terpenescali 4ml bubba kush and 1ml everything @Psilisophical had ! 2 more orders otw

Can’t wait to get the orange sauce me and u have 2 sample soon

My fridge is overflowing waiting on my disty

My cart farmer will be steady farming!!!
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

And BTW I know nothing about making em yet I don’t wanna throw anyone off

If bud gets frozen and unfrozen, can it still be used for ice hash or being tumbled with decent returns?

Yeah if you dry it then refreeze w dry ice

literally toss the wet trim in that contraption in the microwave

1 Like

Would a cyro freezer work too?

1 Like

This is months old and I’m not sure the OP has the equipment anyways but lyophilizing can apparently be utilized to de-ice the trichomes. Not quite “live” but it’s better than trying to hang dry

2 Likes

This actually happened to us. We let it refreeze for 3-4 days after the freezer was back up and used it for bubble hash. Worked totally fine!

was asked to run 4lbs straight from the garden to see what the yield would be. (they were effected by russet mites so the wanted to cut it out…)

It was fresh from the garden it didn’t have a skunk smell to it it had a grass smell. I was stoked because it was fresh branch nugs… But when I ran the 4 I got .15 out of it, and it smells like grass… bummer…
it looks beautiful, bigs nugs, doesn’t have a skunk smell, just that grass smell. (We usually run dry material, to produce shatter, So I’m new to the fresh runs.)

After reading what you said it got me thinking…
I’m wondering if I didn’t maximize its potential by not freezing it and then running it.

Or if they pre-ejaculated and gave it to me too early before burping it properly. Would that affect the yeild to?

Is there a difference between fresh wet, and fresh frozen?  (For yields sake) 

What could I have done differently, to maximize its potential?

(Color was not my main concern, so I ran 22# -20 Thur the 4lbs. I even soaked it after and did another wash. )

Any knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. @StoneD

1 Like

c.r.c

and running cold is the only option to get anything that’s decent.

crc can take crap Material w halfway decent taste and make it wonderful w the right powders

1 Like

How fresh?

Like that day fresh.

I’m a fan of crcing, I just figured because of how fresh big and beautiful it was -with cold temps it wouldn’t be necessary. I was just trying to get a gauge on yeild with no crc.
But that yeild isn’t even worth running to crc, so I was hoping it had to do with how/when it was cut and ran and not the actual flower…

I can redirect them to do something different for better yeild and terps, I just don’t know what that is?

So the grass smell isn’t because of not curing or burping? It’s smelt like strait wet grass.

1 Like

I think I figured it out!! After finding the thread about wet material weight, I realized I didn’t take that into consideration when calculating the yield ratio. Now I have to figure out what the moisture content is then I can adjust my numbers and see if it was as bad of a yield as I thought it was.

Thank you for your reply’s! @StoneD @Hansel

Just noticed the name :call_me_hand:t3::facepunch:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just went on a salvage mission, and I decided to put the results here instead of a new thread to keep the info consolidated. Anyway, I have enough metrics that it might be of interest to some people.

The Situation: I had a not small amount of A+ fresh frozen material thaw out for somewhere between 2-3 days. I’m talking 10/10 starting material. By the time it was re=froze, it was completely wetted/browned out and looked terrible. After agonizing and ruminating, I decided to run it as CRC. The reason distillate was not considered is we don’t have that capacity. The reason we didn’t try to dry/cure it was due to capacity issues to dry this amount of product as well as yeast/mold/bacteria/myco concerns.

The Extraction: I ran this according to standard SOP’s for CRC. I ran about 50% more media than I would’ve for just typically aged material that would likely run dark or have streaks.

The yield: I am familiar with this material, and our yield was cut by about 1/4-1/3 of what we’d expect from this material if it was prime and not CRC’d. I’m attributing this to the heavy handed remediation and also the ice glazing discussed in this thread. To what extent each affected the yield, I do not know.

The results: Pleasantly surprising. Color is as pictured. It is definitely diminished from what this produce would’ve been, but it’s still very nice looking oil. Smell/taste/effects: This product has a heavily remediated quality to it…citrus scent is prominent. The menthol/pine/“cleaner” scent is also prominent. No hay/grass scent detected. Taste is remediated tasting and effects are intact.

I hope this adds information to the conversation:

3 Likes

I remember seeing someone use a roto as a freeze drier when this happened to them, they said it worked out very well. So if you have a freeze drier and this happens (unlikely for most butane folks) than you’ll be fine, or you can rig up a roto to become a makeshift freeze drier

2 Likes

My advice is to next time blast it as you normally would with live resin, grow & harvest the diamonds you’re able to and throw away the terps.

4 Likes

Interesting…I never thought to go that route, but it’s smart.

1 Like

Replace/regenerate Mol sieve after every run.

1 Like