Texas Legal Lab Progress Shots ETA *** October 1st 2021***

Holy crap that’s awful. I’m glad you didn’t contract it as well. The place is looking fantastic though! Pumped for your progress.

Hopefull you can find yourself a new electrician quickly.

5 Likes

My cousins ex wife’s husband was a fire fighter up here in norcal, he was out with the crews fighting fires and caught covid. Went to the ER they were full so they told him to go home.

2 days later he’s sitting at the breakfast table with my nephew and his mother and he looks up and say I’m sorry and literally falls off the chair dead

They said covid got him but idk man, maybe a complication from covid

Sorry for the off track covid banter, it just came to mind with what happened to @MillerliteRN electrician

4 Likes

Dude good shit!

1 Like

The new electrician will be finished tomorrow. We are putting a new electrical panel just for @Lincoln20XX . LOL

250 sheets of sheetrock will be delivered on Monday. Along with the insulation. Fun Times, forsure.

7 Likes

Yuck! Glad it’s coming together though!

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good thing I have an index finger and know how to point. LOL

7 Likes

I’ve got 100 coming Thursday of next week and I thought that was a lot. We’re probably close to 250 now with everything and the c1d1 requiring double drywall

3 Likes

Is this better @Lincoln20XX ?

11 Likes

Not bad!

2 Likes

I worked on a box recently where every breaker had a splice on the hot lead. Like the previous electrician wanted to “clean it up” and just cut them all.

I guess in my scenario I should just be thankful he did it in the box.

3 Likes

Your going to shit when I tell you, it only cost me $1200 for the electrical labor.

They used five 250 foot rolls of wire.

All in, I’m guessing it was lessthan 3K for all the electrical.

12 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t lick it, but it definitely doesn’t look objectionable.

Especially at that price.

6 Likes

Saw this and had to share… But the people I know from there are pretty bitching!

10 Likes

Sheesh dude, my contractor would charged me at least double for that…time to find another.

3 Likes

I may have missed it. But how many square feet main level? How many upstairs? It looks huge.

Based on the electricians bills I’ve got sitting on my desk, this is like $700-800 just in wire :flushed:.

Idk if the number you posted was just labor or all-in but that’s a crazy cheap electrician. That’s like 12 hours of master electrician time.

5 Likes

I have found OfferUp to be very useful. I spent $70 for each roll of 14 2 @ 250’ and $60 for the 12 2.

Sheetrock is costing me $5 a sheet, but is going for $9 in the box stores

I haven’t broken down all the expenditures yet, I dont want to know at this point.

If something has to be done, Its gotta happen… Right?

We are defiantly under budget at this point, yet my wife continues to give me the stink eye.

8 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil I’m debating if we should spray foam the production room, just to be air tight. Looks like it will cost slightly over 2K.

Any thoughts on the production room being air tight?

2 Likes

You should what electrical work costs in Florida! Of course it balances out because you have to have the guys run everything twice because of the whole no journeyman law thing down here

1 Like

The more air tight the better, to some extent, but a cheaper solution can be had.

I’d use a clean room sealant (basically fancy silicone caulking). The main difference between this type of sealant and others is that it does not release much in the way of VOCs which is an important consideration in a clean-room type space.

As long as your corridor to the outside of the room is clean, you can leave a tiny bit of space at the bottom of your door so that when you balance your airflow, the positive pressure of the production room flows out through the bottom of the door.

Save the money on the foam and just seal all your cracks and joints well. That should be plenty.

Edit: this doesn’t take insulation for heat-rejection purposes, but I think the amount of AC you got should help out quite a bit.

7 Likes