Testing Standards.... Whos got them, Whos quality is best, Where is the best price?

With anticipation of our Gas Chromatography Unit in transit me and @qma are discussing which standards we wanna test for. That comes to another issue… who has the best standards for the best price…

We anticipate needed quite a few of them… so we would like to buy some that are economical. We know some of you have inhouse testing so we figured we would ask the forum and compile a list of the cheapest quality sources for some of these standards we need.

We think we are gonna start off with the major tested cannabinoids and terpenes…

I dont think we can test for thca with a gc as it will get decarbed on testing but i can be wrong…

I think thc, d8, d9
cbd, cbg, cbn

would be the cannabinoids we are looking to start with and probably the 10-13 most common terpenes as @qma is the terp dude… LOL

Whats everyone using and whats your cost??

thanks in advance!

7 Likes

Caymen?

2 Likes

I use Restek for most everything, Caymen standards are slightly more troublesome to get shipped.

About $2k in standards for basic cannabinoids, terpenes and solvents

10 Likes

Rowan

5 Likes

We used restek columns and standards on our Sri GC

3 Likes

This is about what we discussed our exact budget is…

2 Likes

Sounds like a winner.

1 Like

Don’t forget the other $1k in columns. You’ll need two to test cannabinoids and terpenes. Whats your equipment? GC FID?

We use Restek, they’re the simplest to acquire up here in the frozen north.

5 Likes

this is the unit

3 Likes

His GC came with the proper columns. He’s running an srigc

I use restek for all my standards.

4 Likes

looks like restek is the way to go on this… im super stoked…this puppy is gonna be set up right next to my work computer so i can play on it daily…

How often are you guys calibrating your systems… Everyday before use???

2 Likes

Id probably start here doing it again

4 Likes

Also if I recall they have a method to do this but it isn’t a direct measurement due to decarboxylation.

Found it. Never done it myself. Good luck. THCAvsd9THCtestingDec2014.pdf (914.6 KB)

2 Likes

Bro… i think that is EXACTLY where im starting!

2 Likes

MSTFA

4 Likes

i think we will try this MSTFA method…thanks… SRI pdf @NewLevelProcess posted explains it pretty good

2 Likes

Psilocybin
Psilocin
Entheogens galore! If you can test for it, I’ll bring you more customers than you can handle

13 Likes

Other bullshit you’ll need off the top of my head:

• mechanical pipettes
  • solvent bottles
  • internal standard
  • 40ml vials with septa
  • 10uL syringes, multiple
  • 100uL syringes
  • 5ml disposable syringe
  • 0.2um sterile syringe filters
  • vortex mixer
  • 0.001g scale
  • lab wipes
9 Likes

Don’t even bother buying the cannabis terpene standard kits. It’s not going to tell you anything of value and half the isolates they include in them don’t even exist in cannabis.

You should just put that money towards cannabinoids.

5 Likes