Terps Up! Share terpene potency from extract CoAs

This thread is for comparing and sharing tepenes potency on CoAs for concentrates.

Let’s compare panels from Live and Cured Resin and Hash Rosin and Flower Rosin too!

I’ll kick it off with my latest results from Cured Hash Rosin. Input was cured untrimmed light dep flower from Taos, New Mexico.

First is Banana Rose

Screenshot_20230225_141209_Samsung Notes

Second is Don Mega

8 Likes

14 Likes

This got me thinking about something that may have some merit or maybe it’s been done already… either way, would be cool to see the numbers.

The thread you’ve created is sort of doing this, but in an apples to oranges approach.

A study of extraction where cannabinoids are the primary target and terpenes the secondary,
the purpose of the results would be focused on finding the most “gentle” method of extraction, the method that yielded the greatest extraction of cannabinoids paired with the greatest retention of terpenes.

• All input material derived from the same strain from plants that are as identical in growth as possible in order to reduce variance.

• All methods of extraction both solvent-less and solvent are carried out correctly to the finest of detail with quality as the main focus.

• Fully finished products are all tested.

In theory if you did a study with strict constraints for strain specific variance, you could see which method of extracting both the greatest amount target compounds while retaining greatest percentages of terpenes, numbers never lie so something like this could be a step towards yielding full spectrum/full mix extracts (or closer to it) as well as showing what methods currently excell in doing so.

You got that backwards, terps primary then cannabinoids second. Terps are wayyy more volatile.

Propane extraction or vacuum steam distill for the terps.
After that, Bho or ethanol/heptane/hexane/pentane extraction for cannabinoids

3 Likes

Primary extraction vs primary target

You’re correct that grabbing the terpenes first is easier. Doesn’t mean it has to be the primary goal

1 Like

I don’t have anything backwards.

I want a lot of something with a pairing of other select things with a whole lot of not those things.

This is the goal:

Cannabinoids are the target, a certain someone instilled this in my head… ahem… @cyclopath with his constant and famous teaching:

To make this super duper simple, cannabinoids are the magician and terpenes are the audience.

If the magician lacks luster, the audience won’t enjoy the show, oh booo, it’s a flop.

(low cannabinoids, high terps)

If the magician is beyond surreal, but there is only two people in the audience… it’s also a flop… there was nobody to provide an ovation and the magicians value goes unnoticed.

(high cannabinoids, low terps)

But if the magician is a show-stopper, in the presence of a proper audience worthy of his showmanship, the outcome is something everyone talks about for years.

(full spectrum, full mix)

2 Likes

Maybe…

More admiring the problem than solving it, but seems like a decent acknowledgment that we don’t yet have much clue

1 Like

I agree, this paragraph pulled from that paper confirms it.

Importantly, the impact of processing methods on the resulting chemical profile of full spectrum cannabis extracts is not well understood.

Bummed me out to see it was only alcoholic solvents (etoh, ipa) vs SCO2.

I would love to see the whole smorgasbord of extraction methods tested.

That paper was submitted late in the year of 2021… so maybe the study I’ve suggested has since been done and the results are yet to be published.

We knew that almost a month ago when he posted human shit

5 Likes

@envee start another thread with your long winded bullshit please…I, for one, no longer read your full comments bc there is never anything remotely resembling a coherent question/answer (nor complete thought)…just circular reasoning and double speak

Kindly piss off mate

5 Likes

“I don’t know a fucking thing so you must not either” is about 99.9% of anything hes posted

4 Likes

Well then go get it my dude!

fucking embarrassing!!!

4 Likes

Christ - you tell ONE homeless tweaker where the dispo dumpster is and they think they’re a scientist

1 Like

I’m working on doing that, you didn’t want to help, you just wanted to charge me to learn how to make the garbage you’re making, don’t be mad when my products topple the value of yours in a matter of months when you’ve been doing this for years, you even said this to me:

Yet here we are now…

So please, go freeze dry some more trich piles and squish out that fire product, you’re a genius aren’t ya? I could tell you everything wrong with that process and cite all the brilliant minds who have submitted papers that can be used to PROVE WHY it’s wrong, but sure man, keep squishing and making your fire in fire out straight guava products lol.

Ultimately your ignorance makes sense, what you do is for profit, innit? Mate?

Now to deal with you - @SubstituteCreature

You’re getting smarter day by day, @cyclopath was referencing the paper, the research they did was more so admiration than solving the problem or even indicating any evidence of a solve or even generating any information that could help lead to a solve, the paper further indicates that there is very little documented real science to understand why these extraction methods have such a large variance, which is why full spec/full mix extracts are so hard to create yet alone understand and it’s really really hard to study something when it’s extremely difficult to create and there is currently a lack of a grading system for full spec/full mix products, hard to even analyze something in a scientific manner when it can barely even be created paired with the problem that anyone can run solventless right now and claim full spec/full mix?

BUT IS IT

No way of knowing, more research is needed to set the parameters for analysis, which is kind of what i was suggesting by doing a study of the chemical profiles of ALL METHODS of extraction.

You’d have a clear indication of a “winner” almost immediately.

I’ll pull another section of text for you to support what I’m saying from the PAPER that HE linked.

While previous work has evaluated extraction parameters with the goal of optimizing recovery of the major phytocannabinoids2830, the impact of processing methodology on the comprehensive composition of full spectrum extracts is not well understood.

Read the article next time, I’m pretty sure the man with the PhD in Molecular Biology would tell me to shut up if i was wrong… instead… he actively encourages me and helps me learn any chance he gets.

What I’m after has undisputable value, unparalleled to anything currently available for consumption.

“Let me counter your collective skills and experiences with a wall of gibberish”

Touche`, professor

6 Likes

Its not hard dude. Please look at the first 2 posts in this thread.

You notice anything different about your comment coming in third with a giant wall of TEXT?

Maybe, ya don’t have screenshots of terpene panels?

Could that be it?

Please re-read the assignment and try again. At this point you’ve earned a giant fucking F for lack of reading comprehension. Thanks for playing!

4 Likes

@KnowledgeSeth

How might we get the course of this thread back in order?

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @knowledgeseth display help.

@KnowledgeSeth quote of coa terpene analysis

1 Like

This thread is useless man, more useless than the hash fish and that mf is the epitome of uselessness, I’m not failing to read anything lol.

Googling COAs would be more effective than randomly collecting them here, it serves no purpose for any degree of measurement or comparison unless everyone is going to upload COAs of the same strain.

You won’t yield ANY information that is of ANY value.

Just oh cool look at that which what the fuck is the point huh?

Toss in some bananas and grapes too, you might just have a thread worthy of analysis.

1 Like