Terpenes in lungs by way of inhaler/nebulizer

Want to use a Full Spec CBD in a nebulizer/inhaler and want to know if terpenes are harmful to the lungs using this method?

Personally I think that kind of conflicts with the appeal of the device. Would create an unnecessary odor and also will cause lung irritation. Maybe just maybe if you wanted to use something like eucalyptol or pinene (iirc) which are both bronchodilators. This is sort of the direction that Vick’s vapo Inhalers go in. But if you want to incorporate terpenes just so you can say you have a “Gelato inhaler” then I’d just scrap the idea. Not worth it.

My first thought is that without heat/combustion it’d be less dangerous than vaping terpenes. But that doesn’t necessarily make it safe for people who are in the market for inhalers or nebulizers. Terpenes’ big issue is usually pyrolysis but there’s multiple other concerns too.

You would need to make sure the terpenes don’t degrade the hardware because after several weeks they can definitely cause plastics to warp or loosen up which would be pretty unpredictable. Some terpenes are harsher than others in this regard. Generally speaking I’ve found pretty much anything classified as a monoterpene is going to be pretty nasty on whatever it comes in contact with. The less volatile terpene types tend to be more forgiving and less irritating but that often comes at the expense of heavier molecules which can be very dangerous for the lungs in a different way.

All things considered, it might not be worth trying to include in your formulation if it makes the device defective after X number of months/uses. That’s not even to mention what/if results from the terpenes breaking down the hardware. I also can’t help but think it would trigger bad coughing fits in a lot of people. I would look into like menthol and eucalyptol if you’re deadset on adding something, maybe pinene but again that one might not be suitable for your device. I personally wouldn’t touch the idea unless you have the means to test long term storage/exposure risks

6 Likes

^this is thorough

3 Likes

Wow, really appreciate your comments. We represent the company that manufactures the inhaler and we were interested in using a full spec distillate that we have and are using it in other formulations/applications. Customers really like it in some of these other products so we were thinking of using it for the inhalers. Now we won’t. All good. Again, appreciate you taking the time to respond. Be safe and enjoy the day!!

2 Likes

I don’t want to deter you, it may be doable I just wanted to point out there’s a lot that could go wrong so definitely be prepared to put a lot of research into it

4 Likes

Forget the inhaler
Just make this

With cannabis terps, ships worldwide and everyone would love em, i know i love smelling terps.
I was thinking of making these with my cart flavors so when new custies want to shop, i can have the smell right there for em, cuz i ainy having them hit it and give it back with this corona virus

4 Likes

Those are fucking amazing for when you’re sick. The active ingredient is levometamphetamine. No it’s not meth but they do give you a little boost of energy and you will finally be able to breathe through your nose again. Thing works in like 30 seconds

2 Likes

I remember Vick’s Vapo Inhalers quite fondly from back in the day. They would really take you somewhere if you were rollin on some good X. L-methamphetamine is definitely active when combined with MDMA and MDA. Short lasting, but intense. I love em when it’s cold outside. It’s like smoking a menthol cigarette, without having to smoke. Crispy :snowflake:

2 Likes

I’ve read a few things about THC being a bronchodilator. Maybe figure out the right ratios/dosage of cannabinoids based upon what you want the end result to be.
What is your goal with this product?

I have a family memeber that has to use a neb quite often. Looking forward to the future of Cannabinoid treatments

College girl told me at raves they used to poke a hole in one end then have someone else blow a whole stick of that thing in their eye

Fucking savage

3 Likes

Menthol rubs & sticks blown in the eyes while rolling is something sensational. So I hear

2 Likes

I think we should all look back at what @Beaker said about this when i asked 2 years ago…

4 Likes

We are already producing them, getting ready to launch within 30 days. They are amazing. Three years of research with 40 plus years of scientific knowledge behind it.

Yes but what is your goal with this product besides making money.
What effect do you want the product to have on people.

Better delivery method for medicine. Increased bioavailability using lower doses. They have been testing the product on their family and friends with amazing results. These are people 60+ years of age with multiple aches and pains and can’t sleep, and it works. Bottom line is they only need 1mg doses because of the bio-availability. It’s a win/win, financial and health benefits.

How much terpenes are in them?

ZERO. The reason for my original question on Terps is that we have a full spectrum that has a couple of terps in it and was looking for info/knowledge whether terps were good or not and have since found out during my research that they are NOT good for the lungs so our full spec won’t work in the inhaler.

There have been a few companies that have produced them, most are no longer round but after working with this group, I have learned the science behind making an inhaler/nebulizer effective. These guys have 40+ years involved in the science and the testing they have done has shown that the other products basically just spray oil in the back of your throat with no penetration into the lungs. This product gets 40% plus into the LOWER part of the lungs making it almost immediate bio-available and into the blood stream using ONLY 1mg doses. And very effective.

Some light reading…

1 Like

Hey I was wondering seeing how you are doing with your inhaler product? What markets do you sell in? Are you working with a company out of Texas by chance? We are talking to them and I wonder if it’s the same group.