TERPENE steam distillation

Not wook enough for the audience

Honestly, hydrocarbons are unbeatable when it comes to terps.

CHANGE MY MIND

Like when @Soxhlet went down the pentane rabbit hole and the resulting conversation and personal experience lead me to believe that steam terps will never be that great. I bet ya he would agree with me that hydrocarbon terps are much better.

4 Likes

I just think people are steaming their terps wrong. Using scientific equipment hasnā€™t been the answer, there is industrial equipment used to extract fragrances much more effectively than scientific glassware or what cannabis extractors use to steam terps.

When you need to extract hemp for 50 gallons of terps. What hydrocarbon extractor you using??

7 Likes

DA BEEEEEEEEEEST

@Dred_pirate

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. The extractor that is used to extract the terps u tasted fit about 500-600lbs in it. :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Thst was dm

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

no habla Floridian

1 Like

We really need to try these spd7 terps.

3 Likes

For sciencesesh2020

I Personally think the Incredible Hulk hemp terps are better than the suver haze terps.

No science was used for terp extraction

4 Likes

Iā€™ll try anything twice

go to summit then and have @spdking demo the spd7 for you! Then u can be the terp wizard!!

1 Like

ā€¦WOAHHā€¦ I mean Iā€™d try ALMOST anything

No Iā€™m kidding that would be nifty, but really

I thought he came to you & brought flowers & dinner with 3% terpsurcharge

1 Like

If you donā€™t really know yung teeerrrrppppssss then the cannabis/hemp derived terp thing might not be for ya

2 Likes

Sounds minty fresh.

@beaker grew up around thoseā€¦

3 Likes

Someoneā€™s paying attention :wink:

5 Likes

So whatā€™s the clearest & most efficient run yā€™all have been putting out with the process as of lately? i wanna year dem numbbbbas

Whatchaterrrrrrrpin aboot?

This is definitely a fair question.

Like I mentioned in my first response, the biggest benefit of steam terps is scalability.

You could potentially make a 1000L still to produce a few gallons a day with steam. The main difficulty is pressure ratings for a vessel that large, but itā€™s doable

Yield will decrease relative to hydrocarbon, and youā€™ll have to find a way to reduce the oxygen content of the water and the inert atmosphere.

At scale, it would look kinda like this:

According to the guy that works there, with a 24/7 crew this unit can pump out about 3000grams a week.

Thatā€™s about half a gallon of terps if you assume their density is 90% that of water (which is pretty spot on)

2 Likes

The extractor is about 8x that.

2 Likes