TERPENE steam distillation

I Personally think the Incredible Hulk hemp terps are better than the suver haze terps.

No science was used for terp extraction

4 Likes

I’ll try anything twice

go to summit then and have @spdking demo the spd7 for you! Then u can be the terp wizard!!

1 Like

WOAHH… I mean I’d try ALMOST anything

No I’m kidding that would be nifty, but really

I thought he came to you & brought flowers & dinner with 3% terpsurcharge

1 Like

If you don’t really know yung teeerrrrppppssss then the cannabis/hemp derived terp thing might not be for ya

2 Likes

Sounds minty fresh.

@beaker grew up around those…

3 Likes

Someone’s paying attention :wink:

5 Likes

So what’s the clearest & most efficient run y’all have been putting out with the process as of lately? i wanna year dem numbbbbas

Whatchaterrrrrrrpin aboot?

This is definitely a fair question.

Like I mentioned in my first response, the biggest benefit of steam terps is scalability.

You could potentially make a 1000L still to produce a few gallons a day with steam. The main difficulty is pressure ratings for a vessel that large, but it’s doable

Yield will decrease relative to hydrocarbon, and you’ll have to find a way to reduce the oxygen content of the water and the inert atmosphere.

At scale, it would look kinda like this:

According to the guy that works there, with a 24/7 crew this unit can pump out about 3000grams a week.

That’s about half a gallon of terps if you assume their density is 90% that of water (which is pretty spot on)

2 Likes

The extractor is about 8x that.

2 Likes

Bigger!!

2 Likes

Much bigger

1 Like

Membranes out of ethanol…

2 Likes

I agree live resin bho terps are the best. 100%. But the cost is not that good. Steam hemp done correct is like 75% quality for next to nothing. Truly pennies

6 Likes

You on that @theclearscientist @cryocan @straitconcentrates ish boiiiiii

Damn… they all r3ally ouuuuuta here

I hear membranes outta pentane is where it’s at :thinking:

Worth a shot either way

4 Likes

Someones gonna figure out terpene seperation with membranes

5 Likes

Not me. But I’m 100% aware how it’s done and chatted for hours with the homie on this subject now almost 3 years ago

3 Likes

Are we working our way to summoning both to the thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile::joy:

Quick someone shoot the meme

3 Likes

I remain solvent agnostic for a reason.

And when I say “closed loop enthusiast”…I actually mean:

But that’s another story… Let them eat PET!

9 Likes