Terpene Market

Pro tip for the day:
If your CO2 extracted terps are quite clear and have low viscosity with small droplets/puddles of water at the bottom of the jar or dispersed throughout, easiest way to separate them out is to use a separatory funnel or a centrifuge. Centrifuge is obviously easiest and the lowest labor method.

5 Likes

I wish it was that easy! There are in a single phase, no separation.

Yeah we need to start getting this stuff sent to labs that the essential oil companies are using or something. 97% is pretty good but still would be nice to know the other trace terpenes/VOCā€™s

1 Like

Or whatever those break down into to.

Why not pentane and sep funnel then distill off the pentane?

We tried a centrifuge method with some one of our fractions that was 28% terpenes and 15-20% potency. Ineffective due to what may have been lipids as well.

Currently modifying our machines but running into some difficulties. System wasnā€™t built with staggered pressure separators.

1 Like

Low likeā€¦0.01%? Iā€™ve personally never seen anything even in that ball park. 1-3% cannabinoids maybe. And how about 99.9% quantifiable cannabis terpenesā€¦and then top it off at only 16.66 per mLā€¦Iā€™m HIGHly skeptical of @terpman114 claims to say the least.

1 Like

for the record, theres not nearly as many terpenes in your hydrosol as you think. high impact - low concentration. as far as removing themā€¦

an old trick for miscible organics - salt! the water would rather hold onto the salt than it would the terpenes, as terpenes have a much lower affinity for brine. salt your solution, your organic phase and your aqueous phase will separate. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In my experience with with CO2 hydrosol the brine method totally works. The yields were always terrible, so I started collecting it to do a large batch. It smelled gross, 0/10 would not bother doing it again.

Super unfortunate because the single strain stuff smelled amazing, but, utilizing an hour or so to get 1-2 grams of terps out was not reasonable.

2 Likes

i was let down the first time i isolated the hydrosol terpenes too, both in terms of quantity and quality. this whole thing is a rabbit hole too lol you can get sucked in

1 Like

When your trying to clean them up you want to get all the clear stuff together into one flask and swap out or stop distilling when you see the yellow heavier terp start to want to come out. If you have all your fractions separated then they will smell like shit until they are all back together.

2 Likes

Thanks! We found out the hard way - sent a sample that smelled great and it came back as 0% for everything.

Ill try the salt method tomorrow.

1 Like

Neat trick and it s treuā€‹:fist_left::+1:

1 Like

Good topic. So for hemp terps Iā€™ve seen the prices range from $5-$40/ml. For Cannabis derived terpenes mixed with hemp terps ive seen $20-$40/ml. For cannabis derived terpenes I have seen $35-$100. These numbers are all Bulk - Small Sale. I personally love hemp terps, but I have found that many of them are very similar, so without blending them with another product it can be difficult to create a good variety of flavors if that is what you seek. Cannabis derived terpenes seem to be much more diverse and hold a certain richness that hemp terps can sometimes lack. However, you can just blend up your own hemp terps with cannabis terps to save a bit on costs and it still smokes GREAT! Many companies are doing this themselves, but I believe you can definitely save more money if you do the mix in house as a consumer.

Personally, I would like to see the price of cannabis derived terpenes come down a bit. This way we could get people to come back to an all cannabis product that we know is safe and satisfying.

So I reckon you canā€™t wait for the change. You have to BEE the change! Since my overhead is low, I am not the extractor of these terps, and since I am just starting out and am eager to please, I have created a menu that is more affordable and still great quality 100% cannabis derived terpenes!

5 strains currently available. Have gotten great responses on all of them! The menu will change as selection changes. PLEASE do not try to haggle with me. Especially on small orders. I am one guy and do not have the time or patience for that. These are already priced to move!

Bulk orders available.

Here is a photo for color reference.

Here is our menu and order instructions
Royal Terps Menu-3.pdf (883.7 KB)

To order, either DM me or simply email royalterpenes@gmail.com for payment processing

We donate 1% gross of every sale to the conservation of bees and also give you an opportunity to donate at check out. Our business is centered around giving back as much as possible. It was founded to help people and it will stay that way.

Hope to here from yā€™all soon!

Edit: Not trying to spam up thangs. Just answering all the questions @TheTerpeneLord had. Oh, and we are Ca based.

10 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better myself :green_heart::facepunch:

Guys these are :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

Co2 terps are good but I feel almost every one is lacking something. Thet are all smell and taste like plant steam not smoke imo (when u blend these w steam terps is the ticket for co2 terps imo)

canna terps
I use a funny comparison. Co2 terps that smell soooooo good and taste really good too. But they seem like the ā€œTOPā€ half of the flavor spectrum.
Most ppl steam canna terps seem to have the ā€œBOTTOMā€ half of the flavor spectrum

Now as for @Kinsmanofthesun (everyone!) @terpenescali(Iā€™ve tried bubba kush and zookies they arešŸ¤¤). Their STEAM terps offer the full shebang! The bouquet smells might not be as good but who cares its about when its mixed for vapes.
These terps are the only canna terps that offer the FULL top and bottom half of the flavor spectrum. Actually tastes like a dab of good smoke. U can taste it smell it and feels like smoke not plant steam or just plain smoke like others

Most of the hemp terps are steam itā€™s why it Carrieā€™s the flavor over so much better

5 Likes

We can do a more thorough terpene analysis than most canna labs.

6 Likes

Wow

That is beautiful. Can you provide more details on your services?

3 Likes

Does this one have more hemp flavor being high in those 2 particular terps

1 Like

DM me. Iā€™d like to run tests on my terps with you.

1 Like

The sample size required is 1ml, itā€™s GC-MS analysis run and read by our chemist. Standard turnaround time of 3-5 business days after receiving sample. if there is anything specific you would like to know just let me know.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly this sample was contaminated.