Summit Research Closed Loop

ok, maybe one last meme

17 Likes

ok i see the inline filter. I like that. I still think the crc might be too small with some high yielding trim situations. I just had to scale mine up to a 6in but the 4in did work on the lower yielding stuff.

3 Likes

i definitely has one of AMP sock filters on thereā€¦ but i wonder how its gonna help with waxes and lipids. Lets just say that solvent comes out the heat exchanger at -100c. Its gotta slow down a bit. Once it hits the 2 stage filtering (sock,crc) its has to slow a bit moreā€¦ Im just interested in the solvent capacity and pressure rating. the rest can be adjusted easilyā€¦

1 Like

Well the material being 6x48 and at room temp, i think the solvent will pick up fats regardless on the way down. The issue i see here tho is that the fats will be dissolved in the solution. That sock filter would be nice coming out of a dewax column but passing the solution warm thru it makes it useless since the fats will be dissolved and pass right thru

1 Like

We sell it for less with our relationship. The point was to manufacture them and sell them for low margins to get quality gear out there.

4 Likes

You can hot loop it or push it with gas. Itā€™s a higher end setup designed to run at room temp with cryo cooling injections.

1 Like

The sock filters can be bypassed or loaded up with media. Sock filters are when filters on the column arenā€™t used and you run straight nigs for full flow actions. The system has options. Itā€™s just advertised as a passive basic unit.

-100 onna bad day. Closer to -130 to -150 without a room at 100f

The fluid enters at such a low temp that the column is a ice cube in seconds.

Also this is our basic config. You can add on anything you want and make changes anywhere you want.

5 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: this is a good friday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

what swaglok valves are rated for those temps??? whats the pressure rating on the system??

once again good luck . this outta my category. just curious

4 Likes

push the remaining solvent out with gas? Even when i use a hot jacket and vac, the socks still kick on the c1d1 fans. Just saying using nitro or hot loop to push out the remainder will not be enough

7 Likes

The tank is asme, the system is 6" USA steel and welds. All high end swagelock hoses and components. Everything is setup and sits as 100% passable peer review and any cert. This was built for 100% compliancy. If you want changes we can make those happen. Remember itā€™s just a model. Models can be altered or changed.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why thereā€™s add ons and options. Clearly the low price of the system shows itā€™s very basic, high quality, and can be used without issues. Add-ons and features or personal stuff people want can be altered or changed.

4 Likes

i understand that but im not aware of any swagelok valves rated for under -80c? thats why im asking? with you saying it goes -150c on a good day. Im curious to what gaskets take that type of temps as well? sorry for my ignorance

6 Likes

I like this POV

1 Like

image :frowning: gifs arenā€™t working
With all Required accessories (mvp etc)
What do you charge for peer reviews
Whatā€™s the out the door price on this (no bells or whistles)

2 Likes

Fair enough but it wont work the same for example adding a water jacket improves the material solvent recovery but adds heat to the solvent coming in and the water could freeze. Its not so add on friendly

2 Likes

Gotta plumb that column with a drain, after your done heating for recovery drain the sucker and pull a vac on the empty jacket.

9 Likes

I like that! Never seen a jacket be used that way.

3 Likes

Lmao!! Another system designed by people who donā€™t close loop extract. Good luck moving all the solvent into that collection. This is some OSS level shit

9 Likes

Very basic and high quality, but canā€™t hold the right volume in the collectionā€¦ this is a very baffling mistake

3 Likes