Summit Hochstrom Filter vs bel art tabletop buchner (use with cryo EtOH )

Both is best. More pressure differential.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I was about to say.

5 Likes

Ok thanks guys, that’s what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure.

one last thing. Any recommended manufacturers of these TC Filters?

Technically you can do either alone. But the differential will dictate flow rate most.

1 Like

you can pressurize this one if so inclined you’d just need to slap a cap on there and pressurize it.
i run this on only vacuum, and its output is pretty killer, you can load a full 5G bucket in the top, pump down the chamber, close the vacuum take off valve, kill the pump, and walk away, and itll filter the 5G in 10-15 min.

i got this one from BVV, i priced out buying components separately, its cheaper to go through BVV. ill share the drawings of what i was going to build though, before i found BVVs

Large TC refinment filter 2D tech v1.PDF (143.1 KB)

3 Likes

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/large-refinement-filter.html

2 Likes

Hey Thanks so much for that info! I was totally ignorant to this design, but the engineer in me loves the drawing you attached. It’s impressive! I’m pretty convinced this is gonna be the way to go :+1:

1 Like

I love my belart, I dont even use another filter. Winterize with methanol and water and you dont even need to freeze it lol easy street

4 Likes

Youll hate that best value vacs filter if you’re filtering any kind of large amount of crude. A 12 inch sucks. Get atleast a 24 inch. You’ll replace it if you scale up if not.

1 Like

I was unaware that they made 24" D triclamp components, i thought they maxxed out at 12" atleast for commonly avalible off the shelf stuff.

Are you talking diameter or length of the spool? Genuinely curious

I’m talking about the belart, the drayn droid is 24 inch and metal. You’ll have to empty it alot if you’re running a ton of crude which sucks. Same thing with the best value for

3 Likes

Looked up the drayn droid, it is sick!!! That reservoir on it is miniscule though haha!!

1 Like

Does your recieving chamber have a straw on the lid?

yeah atleast in that iteration of the design, I intended to have both a dip tube for fluid transfer, and a splash tube to keep the incoming filtrate as far as possible from the vacuum port, i planned on using one of these.

https://www.glaciertanks.com/dip-tubes-dts-g200-175-015.html

If i had to redesign that system now, i would 86 both the splash tube and the ball valve on the sightglass.

1 Like

Check out the Chinese neutshe filters @DWExtracts has one. If you can make a weighted ring that cinches the filter paper down you’ve got a sweet filter I think

2 Likes

Drain droid sells a 2 foot ring that fits the belart, might fit the nuectshe

2 Likes

Their 10 and 20 liter nuetsche is 350mm ID but not sure what the ID is for the larger ones. @Terry_Manager

1 Like

thanks for that heads up.

it looks like the 50L version is only 480mm

2 Likes

Ive seen these before, they look legit as can be, I still hate the thought of having another giant piece of glass to break in the lab, but i guess it comes with the territory lol x)

What are these units going for?? Any idea?

2 Likes