Summer is coming -Safety Safety Safety

So I spent two hours fixing Quick Books for one of my clients the other day after I stopped some where and bought 20 lbs of dry ice. Being in AZ It was about 85 degrees out but over 100 in my car. When I got in to my car I instantly felt stagnant air and could not breathe. I got dizzy, chest pain, shortness of breath. I blasted the AC because the air was so hot and rolled down the windows. I literally thought I may be having a heart attack. I spent the whole weekend worried about my health but then I’m lying in bed this morning and I have an epiphany. I had 20 lbs of dry ice in the back of my fucking car in the heat for two hours. Duh!!! It was Co2 poisoning. Be careful amigos. I got very lucky.

17 Likes

Suck my head down in the bottom of our cryo-freezer while doing some cleaning and damn near though I was going to die! I thought I inhaled some kind of refrigerant and was going to suffer in agony during my final moments. Turned out to be sublimated dry ice that filled the whole freezer with CO2. Haha. It left me feeling messed up for almost 2 days.

Glad you’re okay! Thanks for the reminder to everyone!

12 Likes

Glad you are ok as well. I can totally relate. I felt like hell Friday and Saturday.

1 Like

I’ve actually had this same thing happen. At my last facility I used a passive extractor and needed massive amounts of dry ice (also in AZ), and one day I stayed in my car to smoke real fast and thought I was having a really bad panic attack or something because I couldn’t catch my breath and my heart was beating crazy fast. Got out of the car and started walking around outside and taking deep breaths and was fine in a few minutes, but didn’t feel right the rest of the day. And that was even with the window down (but about 80 pounds of dry ice right behind me).
Stay safe everybody!

3 Likes

It’s bad to breath carbon dioxide mmmmmmkk… I’ve totally done this, too. Stuck my head in the dry ice bin to get the last out. Get dizzy real quick. Usually you you gotta pay for that kinda party.

6 Likes

They call it cryotherapy. Spent $40 last week, for three minutes in the chamber. You gentlemen have it at your fingertips (;

8 Likes

Now if I could just stand in there…?

3 Likes

…and charge people $35 for 3 minutes you’d have yourself a new side hustle! :laughing:

6 Likes

This happened to my buddy back in black market days! He had 200lb dry ice in his car, got to work to find power outage on block. Went and grabbed food, got back into car, forgot about dry ice. He said he got really sleepy and found it very hard to breathe. Thankfully he figured it out quick and got the windows open!

2 Likes

Shit takes ur breathe like a whip it blast lol

Damn @AzKicker1970 are u ok?

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks for asking. I spent all weekend thinking of crap now I’m gonna have some BS pre-existing medical condition besides macropenis!!!

3 Likes

I have had people get short of breath in the Lab as where I am used to it or I’m in better shape. I think it depends what kind of shape your in.

3 Likes

Yea, but whipits (hippie crack) are far more fun. At least that’s what the kids say.

4 Likes

@Dred_pirate Top seller at the local smoke shops. Just kidding of course.

3 Likes

After what I experienced I don’t think it matters what type of shape you’re in if you get in a car that’s 110 degree inside that has been having 20lbs of dry ice melt in the back seat. I actually drove to our Queen Creek clinic and checked all my vitals five times lol…

2 Likes

Your right :+1:

I remember this from last summer, now i drive with all the windows cracked at the minimum Washington woman dies from dry ice in car

50lbs of dry ice looks great in a swimming pool or Hot tub.

Don’t do it, people will want to play in it, and they’ll pass out and drown.

I realized what was going on in the nick of time and pulled both of them out. it was more than 30 years ago. I think I went in after the second one.

6 Likes

Just seal that bitch up. Or better yet, ventilate.

2 Likes

Better yet get it delivered or the 500# poly tote on the back of the truck.

4 Likes