Suggestions for micro dosing setup? (Hardware etc)

Hey all! So, I’ve had nothing but spectacular experiences with mushrooms. Had my first trip a few years ago, learned how to grow them, and have gone up to about 6 grams in a tea. I’ve always been mega interested in microdosing and finally am ready to take that step. I’ve been researching dosage, on/off times, recipes of mixing with other supplements/mushies, but what I’m here to ask if for suggestions on hardware and such to make capsules. I’m looking for suggestions on a good scale that can consistently and accurately measure down to .01g, empty capsules to pack, and a blender/grinder. I’m assuming most of this is pretty simple and any good coffee grinder will work etc. but figured id get the proper stuff to make this all right. Also open to your recipes (mixing with other mushies or supplements), and how you’ve microdosed. But primarily wanting to order a scale, capsule kit and blender. Is there any degradation after grinding? Am I better off making a one week supply, one month supply, etc? What do you fantastic people have to advise me :slight_smile: thanks! Hoping to order all equipment tomorrow and start off as soon as I can :slight_smile: thanks and love to all!

1 Like

Yeah, a coffee grinder works…but

2 Likes

Ohhhhh. Pretty :slight_smile: and that is a great feature! I’ll see if I can track down one of those girls. Either way whatever I ground up I’ll probably put right into capsules and not store. Was just wondering if there’s any nuances about the grinding, or if I just need to pulverize to dust. Thanks brother! Hope all is well man! I’ll always remember our trek to beakers brothers house haha. Good times

Dust has always worked for me :shushing_face:

You don’t need dust, but you want things as homogeneous as possible so that your dosage remains consistent (or not, your call :rofl:).

I find that “finer” is better as far as achieving homogeneity in canning jars. I use them for sampling biomass.

Finer probably makes getting your capsules filled consistently easier too (guessing, I’ve never powder filled caps).

You may find that dried fungi are “fluffier” than whatever was used to spec the weight one can fit in any given capsule…reporting back with what you manage to fit would be great.

1 Like

I’m looking at some vegan (no I’m not vegan) capsules on Amazon and wondering what the best size is. I intend on following microdose recommendations of around .1g-.3g with the option of maybe adding lions mane or something else. Seems like a size 0 should be good which holds about .5g. Would having an oversized capsule create issues with empty space holding air? Ie oxidation of active elements of the mushroom etc. anything to be careful for when selecting my capsule? Ability to breakdown at the right time in my body etc

Ended up with these supplies for anyone that might find this post down the line. Got a scale, some calibration weights, some small tools for filling capsules, size 1 capsules, and a coffee grinder

1 Like

Double zero are the ones i use and will fit your .1-.3 in them, also good other ones to mix in with them.

1 Like

I was just going off what the item page said as far as what it fits. But they were cheap so I might just order a bunch of each size to see what works best. Thanks!!!

1 Like

buy pre separated capsules to prevent arthritis and hours of wasted time separating. You can get manual 100 count capsule fillers on amazon pretty cheap now i believe. Coffee grinder is key, you want fine powder or filling capsules will become a huge pain in the ass and inconsistent dosage wise.

1 Like

they actually don’t sell them on Amazon anymore.

you have to buy them off of AliExpress. there’s one website that sells all the ones that used to be on Amazon, but I’m sure they’re just dropshipping from Ali

3 Likes

I recommend staying away from capsules and fungi. It’s been my experience, capsules delay onset. Iv taken full doses in capsules, with NO PEAK, and an extremely delayed onset. I assume micro dosing with capsules would be wasteful, I could be wrong. I suggest making gummies, a much easer task than homogenizeing mush powder with capsule FILLER.

If you go with the capsules, your going to need a coffee grinder, manual cap filler, powder filler (the other 99.99% of what’s in the capsule), and a powder mixer.

The 99.99% other ingredients, will be the fun part of this R&D. All powders need to be the same size to homogeniz in the powder mixer.

Gummies are way easier to make.

3 Likes

I don’t like anything in capsules tbh…totally agree with everything you are saying.

That’s just me though.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to make some capsules for when I’m on the move, but realized realistically I can just weigh a tiny scoop of powder every morning and just swallow it. I don’t need to do this in huge scale. 30 capsules will last me a month unless I try a 2x a day regiment. I’ve just had fantastic mushroom experiences, but have also got a taste of my brain working on all cylinders on a small dose while not feeling “high”. This is all just expirement and fun for me :slight_smile: but indeed, there’s probably a better/easier way to get my.1-.3 dose daily. Thank you for all the advice and suggestion

1 Like

yep, quaffing half the jar tends to change ones plans for the day…

as does taking the jar to a dim sum restaurant and “spicing up” every item on the table.

the “blue tuna” sandwiches were a hit…roomate at the time packed them in her carryon for a transatlantic flight. Not a trick I would have tried…

Haha. Indeed. Just trying to get a little fungi sprinkled into my life daily :stuck_out_tongue:

popsicles were pretty solid

1 Like

I liked the idea of capsules/gummies / anything I can prepare and just pop in the morning easily and quickly, but the more im thinking about it, the more I realize I can just chomp a small cap down to start my day and see how it goes lol. Im probably Over thinking this haha. There was one specific experience I had where like I said I didn’t feel high at all in anyway but anecdotally I was doing an activity that let me know my brain was performing in a way it never has before and that’s what really turned me onto the idea of Microdosing. Realistically all the stuff I ordered wasn’t really that expensive it cost me about $60 to get everything from the grinder to the scale and capsules and a little scooper tools. Maybe like someone else suggested I might just grind up a couple grams a week and every morning or twice a day just eat a little tiny .1-.3 scoop of powder and get it right into my system. That’s kind of why I was inquiring about advice on the capsules because I don’t really understand the mechanism of how they work andfor all I know by the time that capsule breaks down it won’t do anything. I will play around and find what works for me, it’s all part of the adventure of learning new things right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the link to a capper. You can 100 (00) at a time. Discounted Batch Size 00 Capsule Filling Machine With 100 | Etsy

Honestly, I prefer LSD for microdosing, it’s more consistent, cheaper, less obsecure, longer half life so you don’t crash half way through the day I find but that just personal experience and I’ve tried both for multiple months

2 Likes

I’ll seriously consider using LSD as a test to see how it works out. I’m having great results using mushrooms alone, but I’m hardly microdosing. I swear I feel better than any time I was on any medication. Things seems to be more even keel, not as many highs and lows

2 Likes